Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Prairie Star Promise variation (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/prairie-star-promise-variation-t4252.html)

ccbear66 01-26-2008 09:21 PM

Very pretty........can't wait to see the finished quilt.

Tiffany 01-31-2008 11:11 PM

Wendy - those blocks look great and I can't wait to see the finished top! I love the blue fabrics. One of them seems to just jump right off the page; gorgeous!
~Tiffany

vicki reno 02-01-2008 07:03 AM

I think of all the combination of colors a quilter could use, blue and yellow are my absolute favorite! That is going to be one beautiful quilt :!: :thumbup:

Moonpi 02-01-2008 08:19 AM

I was looking at the prairie star the other day, it is such a pretty block.

Knot Sew 02-01-2008 04:14 PM

Pretty colors, going to be a beautiful quilt :D :D :D :D

sandpat 02-01-2008 04:17 PM

I love your quilt design, and your fabric, and your blocks...heck....I just love the whole thing! Can't wait to see the finished product!

jbsstrawberry 02-01-2008 04:17 PM

Very, very pretty!! I do so love yellows and blues together!! It be so dadgumperty :wink: :thumbup:

Lois-nounoe 02-02-2008 10:50 AM

Very pretty! Can't wait to see the blocks all together! I do the same thing with my Quilt Design Wizard program. I find a layout that I want and then pick up similar blocks. Then I pick approximate fabric colors and/or patterns and you can get a pretty good idea of how things will go together. My problem is that if I want to make a twin size quilt by the time I get done "designing" it is KING size!! :D If anyone is interested in a design program and, like me, don't want to invest a lot of money this one is only about $29 and an awful lot of fun for the money!!

Steve 02-02-2008 11:32 AM

"Improvisation seems to be my middle name!"

And what a fine name it is!

quiltmaker101 02-02-2008 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by Lois-nounoe
Very pretty! Can't wait to see the blocks all together! I do the same thing with my Quilt Design Wizard program. I find a layout that I want and then pick up similar blocks. Then I pick approximate fabric colors and/or patterns and you can get a pretty good idea of how things will go together. My problem is that if I want to make a twin size quilt by the time I get done "designing" it is KING size!! :D If anyone is interested in a design program and, like me, don't want to invest a lot of money this one is only about $29 and an awful lot of fun for the money!!

I haven't used the Design Wizard. It sounds less expensive than my EQ5, which was $100 and was a birthday present to myself 2 years ago. Can you download free stash upgrades (4 times a year) like with EQ? I like that feature. Moda, Hoffman, etc. All there to choose from. I have a real good selection to play with now. That is the thing that keeps me interested in staying with EQ. Of course there may come a day when I have to buy the upgraded version!