Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt contest..........should I ?? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-contest-should-i-t118315.html)

granny_59 04-23-2011 03:22 PM

2 Attachment(s)
The LQS is having a constest and one got four fatquarters of fabric and the theme. It has to come out 24" x 24" (got that) and you got to add one more fabric of your own choice.

I had something in mind but I am not crazzy about the outcome. The colors and the amount of fabric limited me a lot.
I could need help with quilting suggestions, I think I cant do anything but SID because of all the seams and maybe go around the little flowers on the border?
Do you have any idea what the theme was? :oops:

I am not sure of entering that wallhanging at all but no way to make another one as the fabric is gone.

detail
[ATTACH=CONFIG]188167[/ATTACH]

4EVERquilt 04-23-2011 03:26 PM

Go for it!!

Fabaddict 04-23-2011 03:27 PM

Go for it.

yonnikka 04-23-2011 03:30 PM

I see a Serpent fracturing serenity in the Garden of orderliness... yes, enter the contest. If there is a link to see the other contest entries, and the winner, do share that info with QB, too. Good work, as for quilting? I suggest you not quilt it too closely, give your design some breathing room. Find your most significant lines, such as the Serpent Outline, for Stitch in the ditch. you can combine stitching techniques, to best suit your Message and Design.

yonnikka 04-23-2011 03:33 PM

The only thing I would change, if it doesn't break the rules, is to change out your Binding from the white to to the Navy Blue you have already used. I find the white rim a bit of a distraction from your sexy snake.

KarenR 04-23-2011 03:35 PM

I see the snake an what looks to be lettace or cabbage and on the other side of the snake I see flowers.
My guess for the theme: Beauty and food comes together.

DogHouseMom 04-23-2011 03:39 PM

Theme ... triangles and curves?

I love it! Would definately enter it, it's gorgeous!

MTS 04-23-2011 03:40 PM

Oh, I remember this - didn't you post a while back about trying to make a snake? I think you were looking for software to map it all out.

Love the way the snake came out. I remember you wanted the bottom to be sort of collapsing. Hell-ish? I forget your exact wording.

The quilting should definitely emphasize the snake. I saw it right away, as did yonnikka. I don't know if the others did.

I would definitely enter it. I find that appropriate titles help a lot in the smaller LQS contests. So try to convey the concept in the title. Yes, sometimes even quilters need the "Oh, I get it now" push.

On the "got that?" in your op - OMG - I got it.
So each one of those kaleidoscope blocks is only 2.5" square????

Insane!!!!!

Did you paper piece them? WOW!

The quilt will definitely have an additional WOW factor because of that.

2.5" square.

:thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Lucymae 04-23-2011 03:46 PM

It's good...........enter!!!! :thumbup:

kimscruzer 04-23-2011 03:47 PM

:thumbup: JUST DO IT ! Swap out the white.