Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt Gallery (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-gallery-t189958.html)

cat-on-a-mac 07-12-2015 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by Corky (Post 7254929)
why a PM? Wouldn't others like to know? I would. This site is wonderful but I do get turned around on it. Thanks!

see post #12 in this thread

the King's kid 11-19-2015 12:43 PM

Bookmark your site / pages

<!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:TrackMoves/> <w:TrackFormatting/> <w:PunctuationKerning/> <w:ValidateAgainstSchemas/> <w:SaveIfXMLInvalid>false</w:SaveIfXMLInvalid> <w:IgnoreMixedContent>false</w:IgnoreMixedContent> <w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText>false</w:AlwaysShowPlaceholderText> <w:DoNotPromoteQF/> <w:LidThemeOther>EN-US</w:LidThemeOther> <w:LidThemeAsian>X-NONE</w:LidThemeAsian> <w:LidThemeComplexScript>X-NONE</w:LidThemeComplexScript> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:DontGrowAutofit/> <w:SplitPgBreakAndParaMark/> <w:DontVertAlignCellWithSp/> <w:DontBreakConstrainedForcedTables/> <w:DontVertAlignInTxbx/> <w:Word11KerningPairs/> <w:CachedColBalance/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> <m:mathPr> <m:mathFont m:val="Cambria Math"/> <m:brkBin m:val="before"/> <m:brkBinSub m:val="--"/> <m:smallFrac m:val="off"/> <m:dispDef/> <m:lMargin m:val="0"/> <m:rMargin m:val="0"/> <m:defJc m:val="centerGroup"/> <m:wrapIndent m:val="1440"/> <m:intLim m:val="subSup"/> <m:naryLim m:val="undOvr"/> </m:mathPr></w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--> After logging into the Internet, look on your opening page for a tab named "Bookmarks" (mine is located top left corner of screen). Click one time. A drop-down window will open. The title of the site / page will appear - you can rename it to clarify better what it is about.

Before starting to “save” a site / page to "Bookmarks," I suggest you write a list of items you (think) you want to bookmark. Then set up a series of MAIN folders. There might be a tab on the drop-down menu showing a block named “New Folder.” If you do not have a folder created, click on “New Folder” block. Chose a name you will recognize. I use numerical sequences and one to two word topic names for creating new folders. Such as 1-0 Quilts, 2-0 Cleaning, 3-0 Health, etc. To create sub-folders within the MAIN ones, click to open the MAIN folder (i.e., 1-0 Quilts); must leave it open to create a new sub-folder under that heading. Notice I have given the sub-folder the name of "1-# Quilts" : 1-1 Quilt Examples). With each new sub-folder under same topic (1.0 Quilts), I name the sub-folder (example) 1.1 Quilt Rotary, 1-2 Quilt Videos, 1-3 Quilt Tutorials, 1-4 Quilt Fabrics, 1-5 Quilt Curved Pieces, 1-6 9-patch ... 1-15 Quilt Sharpener (etc).

So far I have 25 MAIN folders with sub-folders. As shown above, a sub-folder helps me remember where I saved a previous topic I am looking for: 2-0 Cleaning; sub-folders: 2-1 Cleaning Vinegar, 2-2 Cleaning Iron, 2-3 Cleaning Laundry, etc. Under 3.0 Health, 3-1 Health Gen (general), 3-2 Health Scans, 3-3 Health Food (recipes, hints, tips), 3-4 Health Spleen, 3-5 Health Rash, etc.

Everyone’s home page is set-up differently, so start looking for the tab marked "Bookmarks." If a better explanation how to get started, do a google, bing, other search for "bookmarks." I hope this helps rather than hinders you. Enjoy setting up and maintaining bookmarks and sub-bookmarks.

fabric-holic 03-10-2016 10:01 PM

Hello --
I'm looking for memory quilts that are made with photos. Is there a listing for these somewhere that I just haven't been able to find? Thanks

cat-on-a-mac 03-11-2016 07:45 PM

Sorry, we don't have a section for that in the gallery at this time. You could try using the search function to look for "memory quilts"

Otter 04-25-2016 08:17 AM

A few photos. C/C welcome!

3 Attachment(s)
Couple photos of my past work. All are queen size quilts. Will get more photos of more current projects soon. :o

sherian 05-03-2016 09:17 AM

thanks for your doing this headed there now!

aggie 05-22-2016 02:53 PM

Whats a PM?

How do I upload a photo to the gallery? Please be specific. Im new at this.
Agnes

cat-on-a-mac 05-22-2016 06:42 PM

Originally Posted by aggie (Post 7556696)
How do I upload a photo to the gallery? Please be specific. Im new at this.
Agnes

The gallery is created from links to other threads on QB that have been created. So, once you have posted pictures of a quilt on the board, for example in the Pictures area, send me a PM with a link to your post. If you don't know how to create a link, you can just send me the title of your post, and I should be able to find it.

BethB67 12-21-2016 06:42 AM

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]564156[/ATTACH]My son's quilt. Just have to quilt the border and bind it!

sherian 04-04-2017 04:23 PM

nice thanks!