Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   a quilt i started (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-i-started-t304331.html)

isewman 04-23-2019 04:55 PM

a quilt i started

1 Attachment(s)
Here is a quilt i started I kind of in away lost a little interest in quilting. I dont know if I burned my self up. Any how the pattern is called The land of nod book by Judy Martin Scraps Blocks & Quilts[ATTACH=CONFIG]611999[/ATTACH]

roguequilter 04-23-2019 05:06 PM

wondered where you & your beautiful quilts have been. but, that can happen ..get burned out. after 30+ yrs i've gone into significant slowdown last couple years, but getting back into looking at fabrics, patterns ..getting ideas for projects. but that block is fabulous ..i don t have that particular judy martin book, but i love love the block you're using! will be a fabulous quilt when you're done.

zozee 04-23-2019 05:10 PM

Don, it's so good to see you on here again! Been wondering about you. Glad you're still on planet earth and doing at least a little sewing. But hey, burnout happens. I've kind of hit a plateau right now in my own sewing, but that may return when my arm/shoulder has healed. \\ Your partial quilt looks like a beauty. Maybe make it just a little throw quilt--sandwich it now , bind and call it done. I would if I was burnt out.

greensleeves 04-23-2019 05:11 PM

We all sometime take a break from piecing quilts and it doesn't mean we never go back to quilting and piecing. When I want a change I do wool applique by hand or do hand embroidery or add to my box of english paper piecing. But, I always go back to piecing and quilting. You do such great work and I know I would miss seeing your work here. That piece you are now showing looks really difficult. Looking forward to seeing your quilts after you've taken a little break.

barny 04-23-2019 05:27 PM

Well, Hello Mr. Don. Boy I have missed seeing your work. I don't quilt hardly at all, but I'm on here looking at other busy people's work.ha. it's about all I can do is get up and eat.ha,ha. But, just rest yourself and you will get into it again, maybe. My DH is a workaholic, but I'm not. Glad to see your work. And wow, it looks hard work to me.

MicheleC 04-23-2019 06:20 PM

What pretty blocks! Nice job!

sewbizgirl 04-23-2019 06:37 PM

That's beautiful, Don.

I've been missing you too. Been wondering how you were. Burnout explains it, tho. Just glad you haven't been sick. Good to see you post!

lindaschipper 04-24-2019 02:48 AM

I've also wondered what happened to you. Burning yourself out is a possibility of every quilter. Hope you get back on the track again soon.

Karamarie 04-24-2019 03:59 AM

I went thru a year recently when I just couldn't get back to quilting but now I'm back. My issue now what do I do with all the pieces I make. I have been giving a few away so that helps some.

pocoellie 04-24-2019 04:14 AM

We've all missed you, Don, but we understand. That looks like a VERY complicated quilt, but will be beautiful when done. Take a break, do something else but you can always "check in" here and see what's going on.