Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: a quilt i started

Blog Entries

a quilt i started

Here is a quilt i started I kind of in away lost a little interest in quilting. I dont know if I burned my self up. Any how the pattern is called The land of nod book by Judy Martin Scraps Blocks & QuiltsName:  IMG_0112.JPG
Views: 2570
Size:  123.3 KB

wondered where you & your beautiful quilts have been. but, that can happen ..get burned out. after 30+ yrs i've gone into significant slowdown last couple years, but getting back into looking at fabrics, patterns ..getting ideas for projects. but that block is fabulous ..i don t have that particular judy martin book, but i love love the block you're using! will be a fabulous quilt when you're done.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

Don, it's so good to see you on here again! Been wondering about you. Glad you're still on planet earth and doing at least a little sewing. But hey, burnout happens. I've kind of hit a plateau right now in my own sewing, but that may return when my arm/shoulder has healed. \\ Your partial quilt looks like a beauty. Maybe make it just a little throw quilt--sandwich it now , bind and call it done. I would if I was burnt out.

We all sometime take a break from piecing quilts and it doesn't mean we never go back to quilting and piecing. When I want a change I do wool applique by hand or do hand embroidery or add to my box of english paper piecing. But, I always go back to piecing and quilting. You do such great work and I know I would miss seeing your work here. That piece you are now showing looks really difficult. Looking forward to seeing your quilts after you've taken a little break.
    jackie

Blog Entries
    Well, Hello Mr. Don. Boy I have missed seeing your work. I don't quilt hardly at all, but I'm on here looking at other busy people's work.ha. it's about all I can do is get up and eat.ha,ha. But, just rest yourself and you will get into it again, maybe. My DH is a workaholic, but I'm not. Glad to see your work. And wow, it looks hard work to me.
    Last edited by barny; 04-23-2019 at 05:33 PM.

What pretty blocks! Nice job!

That's beautiful, Don.

I've been missing you too. Been wondering how you were. Burnout explains it, tho. Just glad you haven't been sick. Good to see you post!
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I've also wondered what happened to you. Burning yourself out is a possibility of every quilter. Hope you get back on the track again soon.

I went thru a year recently when I just couldn't get back to quilting but now I'm back. My issue now what do I do with all the pieces I make. I have been giving a few away so that helps some.

We've all missed you, Don, but we understand. That looks like a VERY complicated quilt, but will be beautiful when done. Take a break, do something else but you can always "check in" here and see what's going on.

Hi Don. Nice to see you posting again. I missed seeing your quilts and hearing about your quilt journey. I, too, got burned out. I haven't been sewing for over a year. Sometimes I go into the sewing room and make a crumb block or look at fabric or look at magazines but so far, inspiration has not returned. Hopefully, you are finding other things to keep you happy. Look forward to seeing more of your posts

Blog Entries
    Don, good to see you posting again. I had been wondering where you went. You have been a prolific quilter. It's okay to take a step back and give yourself much needed rest/relaxation!
    Mavis

Blog Entries
    Oh I love those. the red pops. you can always add a border around those and then add a different block around that. and so on until you have the size quilt you are happy with. Keep going. if not, sit that one aside and go to something new for awhile. those can always wait. ask me how i know...
    "From hence only infer that an Englishman, of all men, ought not to despise foreigners as such and I think the inference is just, since what they are today, we were yesterday, and tomorrow they will be like us"
    Daniel De Foe -The True Englishman

Hi Don,
    Glad to see you. And glad you're doing ok even if a little burned out on quilting. That happens to us all I think. Your new quilt is beautiful.

Rob
    1955 Singer Featherweight 221/ Late 60's early 70's White Selectronic 970/
    1975 Kenmore 158 model 1914/. 1981 Brother VX560/ Brother PC420PRW/
    Brother PQ1500s/ HQSweetSixteen

It’s a great start. Everyone needs a break once in a while. I’m glad you’re ok - I was worried about you.
    Lori

Hello Don. Have been thinking about you lately, wondering what you are doing. This block looks very detailed and time consuming. Perhaps you can alternate with another quilt pattern that is not so intensive. I like to watch YouTube’s, talk to quilting fiends, go to a guild meeting, etc. when I want to get back in the mood to piece. Glad to see you posting again!!!!

Another beautiful quilt in the works, Don. Have missed seeing your work on the board.

Blog Entries
    That's a beautiful block. The little bits and pieces make it interesting. Hope your loss of interest is just a passing phase. Love the color choice of the block too.

Looks like a good start. I'm glad to see you back at your quilting. I always enjoy seeing your creations.

You have been missed Don. Your block will make a beautiful quilt. I hope the burn out doesn't last long.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

You always do such fine work, museum quality! Hope you overcome your quilter's bloc (pardon the pun), I miss seeing all your fabulous quilts. I wish I had more time to quilt, I'm so far behind it hurts, but I dream of fabric & shapes at least twice a week. So glad you posted, been missing you, dear quilter!!!
    hugs,
    dj
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

Sometimes you just need a break.

Blog Entries
    I understand and don't do whole quilts very much anymore. I do enjoy piecing so I collect 6" patterns and make one or even 2 per day to make into quilt tops. I send these up to Canada and my group up there makes them into "community" quilts for the needy. So I can enjoy fiddling with a bunch of blocks. Perhaps there is a group near you that would welcome using you pieces.
    http://s1248.photobucket.com/albums/hh485/KitsieH/
    Never regret growing older, its a privilege denied to many.
    Be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Kitsie

Hey Don, I've been wondering about you also. I haven't been quilting in the last 8 months. Cleaned up the sewing room, and now maybe I can get back to sewing. Your quilt is going to be another beauty.
    Love to quilt and play with the great grandkids

That is a beautiful block. Can't wait to see what you do with it. Thanks for posting, and welcome back.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast