Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   A quilt for my goldfish (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-my-goldfish-t1111.html)

k_jupiter 05-22-2007 05:55 AM

Originally Posted by kathy
well Tim, Robert died. and I think Robert AND Robert are on the way out also. Don't know if it was the quilt or the new names but the poor guys are croaking left and right!

That' sad. Such pretty fish.

Check your water! Ammonia, nitrates, nitrites! Goldfish put a big load on any aquarium.

tim in san jose

Carla P 05-22-2007 09:18 AM

well Tim, Robert died. and I think Robert AND Robert are on the way out also. Don't know if it was the quilt or the new names but the poor guys are croaking left and right!

R.I.P. Robert... :cry: and Roberta... and Sam... and Nemo... and Pookie... and :shock: ...

kathy 05-22-2007 10:57 AM

LOL Carla

Catherine 05-22-2007 11:02 AM

Did you sew around those little fish? With this type of quilting I am always amazed at the finished edges. zig zag, statin stitched, you know, being so small, I always wondered how it was done. How did you do it?
I have never seen a pictorial quilt except in pictures. From what I can gather they are never used but seen? ahhh Tim, how do you deal with us middle age women?

Carla P 05-22-2007 11:34 AM

LOL Carla

Kathy, I'm so happy you can laugh while in your time of grief... :lol:

Seriously, you know what happened?? You gave them such a beautiful little quilt, & it filled their hearts with so much joy. They knew life would never be any better for them than at that moment... They had arrived... & so now it's time to go! Swim on into the after life to see if they can achieve such greatness once again!! :D :lol:

Ok, feed 'em to the pet croc out front... give 'em a proper send off!! :lol:

vicki reno 05-22-2007 12:51 PM

That is awesome!!!! Good job :!:

patricej 05-22-2007 03:07 PM

after Carla's suggestion, nobody here had better ever again call ME sick or twisted.
:shock:

kathy 05-22-2007 04:34 PM

it was a bit cold hearted wasn't it! don't worry, he won't eat dead fish anyway.
Cathrine, I planned to use steam a seam to applique the small fish but forgot so they are only held down by the quilting, the others are embroidered.

Carla P 05-22-2007 06:23 PM

Wait... I am sorry... I didn't mean for it to be so cold. :cry: I just didn't want to think of flushing them... Ok, wait a minute... I know; that was no better... I'll just stop...

I'm truely sorry for your loss... Please forgive my too cold aproach. :(

kathy 05-23-2007 02:50 AM

Carla, I DO hope your still being silly. I mean they are just fish, not very cuddly or nothing.BUT they were kinda spensive so I guess they won't be readily replaced. boo hoo hoo just think of all those bucks, wasted in their prime!!!! they didn't have the dignity of being flushed (too fat). they were chunked out in the yard like some ole cheap fish! Now I'm really sad. Well anyway the scum sucker is enjoying the quilt all to himself.