Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilt rescued (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-rescued-t237230.html)

gabeway 12-23-2013 05:38 AM

Great save.

mighty 12-23-2013 06:50 AM

Wonderful rescue!

quiltstringz 12-23-2013 07:44 AM

Man I would have thought that $5.99 was a steal and no way I would have left it there half price day or not. You got a great bargain.

fred singer 12-23-2013 07:57 AM

awesome find indeed like your inspector ,too

TnBecky 12-23-2013 08:01 AM

So sad that someone would throw out such a beautiful quilt, but lucky that you saved it. People just don't realize the love & thought that goes into a quilt. It is a beautiful quilt. If your In Laws don't want it it looks like Mr. Dude would like you to keep it. :D

Quilty-Louise 12-23-2013 11:55 AM

M FIL loves the quilt, as the theme on the quilt is the same as the
cabins living room decor.

I call it a cabin, but in all honesty it is a 5 bedroom A-frame house
built by my husbands grandfather over 25+ year time span.

feline fanatic 12-23-2013 12:05 PM

Good save on the quilt but I don't think it is a handcrafted quilt. It looks an awful lot like the quilts found in big box chain stores that are made in china. Especially when looking at those big roughly done quilting stitches and the way the edge is finished (no binding that I can see, finished like a "birthed quilt" also known as a pillow case finish). But still very cute and a great bargain at only $3.00.

Floralfab 12-23-2013 12:23 PM

What a wonderful find. Kitty seems happy with it too!

Quilty-Louise 12-23-2013 12:43 PM

I inspected this quilt closely before I purchased it.
It is indeed a handmade quilt.

The applique stitching is not even enough to be a store purchased
quilt. Also the hand stitching around the trees and other appliques
are not evenly spaced.

Plus last night I discovered there is a hanging sleeve pocket on the
back.

Sadly though there is no label on the back.

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 6470903)
Good save on the quilt but I don't think it is a handcrafted quilt. It looks an awful lot like the quilts found in big box chain stores that are made in china. Especially when looking at those big roughly done quilting stitches and the way the edge is finished (no binding that I can see, finished like a "birthed quilt" also known as a pillow case finish). But still very cute and a great bargain at only $3.00.

jrhboxers 12-23-2013 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by nativetexan (Post 6469360)
Oh my, I'm not sure you will get that quilt away from kitty. it is a wonderful quilt, just right for a cabin as you say.

I think you should have asked Gizmo before you offered to anyone else.

Great save by the way. I have two that I use daily that were being used for wrapping items that they were taking to the flea market to sell. They weren't even for sale. I bought a chair and ottoman and they threw them in for free. THEY were the true treasures. I don't even have the chair and ottoman anymore. I figure they aren't with the original intended owner, but they are loved and used, just as they were intended to be.