Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   quilt top finished that is/was "outside my comfort zone" (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-top-finished-outside-my-comfort-zone-t260006.html)

Dina 01-20-2015 11:09 AM

Originally Posted by Judith1005 (Post 7056019)
It's beautiful. By the pattern name, it was not at all what I expected to see. Love the pattern by the way. May have to add this to my ever growing list of must due.

Well, I remembered the name of the pattern wrong. It isn't Basket....it is Picnic. Guess I just got the title of the book confused with the name of the pattern. :(

Dina

Dina 01-20-2015 11:12 AM

Originally Posted by Jeanne S (Post 7056065)
Looks great! Glad you went with the white, and I like the added borders! Glad you tried this pattern, I will make it again too.

I really appreciated your help. I liked the white as the background...so I just sort of copied yours. :) I may make it again, but I'd have to make it in fewer colors to have less brain strain. I didn't realize how hard a scrappy look could be.

Dina

QUILTNMO 01-20-2015 11:26 AM

pretty quilt nice job!!!

Homemother 01-20-2015 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dina (Post 7055887)
I just put the borders on a quilt that is/was "outside my comfort zone." Not because it was difficult but because of all the colors in it. The pattern is Basket from a book called Scrap Basket Sensations by Kim Brackett.

I want to thank all of you who helped me figure out a way that it would look good to me. Scrappy just seems to be really hard for my brain to accept. But the final quilt is beautiful and I love it. It will be awhile before I try another scrappy though.... :) I will go back to something more comfortable, like a Bargello.

Here is how it looks now.

Dina

Way to go, Dina!!! This such a fun quilt. Color choices are really hard for me, especially when there are a lot, and let me say, you ended up with a dazzling quilt! Love it!

I had to laugh when you said you would go with something more comfortable, like a bargello. It so happens, I know and understand that bargellos are fun and not too hard to do. Do you realize how many quilters have an intense fear of creating a bargello? So, I laughed and laughed when I read your comment.

#1piecemaker 01-20-2015 01:35 PM

It turned out great!! Beautiful job!

Dina 01-20-2015 02:01 PM

Thanks for the nice comments, everyone.

Dina

merrylouw 01-20-2015 03:30 PM

Oh, the end result is SO pretty! I like "the new box of Crayons" analogy--that's just what it looks like. Glad you ended up loving it, after having a hard time pushing thru it, and almost setting it aside.

QuiltnNan 01-20-2015 03:31 PM

looking good

redquilter 01-20-2015 03:59 PM

Gorgeous! I just love it. The colors are wonderful - the white makes it all so crisp and clean and the purple border pulls it all together. Great job. You should step out of your comfort zone more often because from the looks of this, you were not uncomfortable at all.

Quiltngolfer 01-20-2015 04:03 PM

It's beautiful! I have a little trouble with the scrappy thing too-making them that is. The ones other people make are always pretty, but I feel like they don't match when I'm making them.