Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   is this quilt worth quilting? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilt-worth-quilting-t292697.html)

mtkoldra 11-18-2017 03:22 PM

is this quilt worth quilting?

1 Attachment(s)
Maybe from the very beginning my heart was not into making this quilt and this is what happens when I make blocks and then do not pay attention how I put them together.
I do not know what to think about this quilt. I, both like it and don't. It was made with a 'Poppy Celebration' fabric line, jelly roll. For the longest time I did not know what to do with it. Wish that there were more of some colors and less of others but wanted to use it up.
Would love to hear some honest opinions to help me make the decision as to if I should attempt to quilt it or not.
thank you.

Kathy T. 11-18-2017 03:31 PM

Quilt it. Then decide if you want to give it away. Many would love to have something with these pretty colors. While I think the distribution of dark and light colors isn't optimal, I would like to think of it as a mirage of twinkling Christmas ornaments beyond the window panes. Donate it if you still don't like it after quilting.

djmat 11-18-2017 03:55 PM

I like it, send it to me!!! It would look great in a muted guest room & would be very relaxing to rest in!

sewbizgirl 11-18-2017 04:07 PM

I love green... You've done such a nice job-- perfect piecing, perfect intersections. Go ahead and finish it up and if you still don't like it, there are many charities that need quilts this time of year. It's a very interesting pattern and quite modern looking. The uneven distribution of the bolder colors makes is look more modern to me. It's great! The quilting will add another layer of 'yumminess' to it.

redquilter 11-18-2017 04:12 PM

I like it. Granted the color distribution isn't even but I think that adds to the interest. Quilt it. You may like it a lot more then. If not, donate it and it will make someone extremely happy and warm and you will feel good that it's being put to good use.

watson's mom 11-18-2017 04:26 PM

I think it's great. I especially like that the colours are randomly placed, this really adds to the quilt's allure. Please finish it, I am sure you will love it once it is done. Thank you for sharing.

marilynr 11-18-2017 04:28 PM

Of course you should. It is beautiful !

tebill 11-18-2017 04:30 PM

Quilt it for sure! I'm always amazed after completing a quilt topper how much they change when they're quilted. It will be beautiful after you add the quilting! You did a great job so I'm excited to see the final finished quilt!

paintmejudy 11-18-2017 04:32 PM

quilt it!!!

osewme 11-18-2017 04:36 PM

Yes, it is definitely worth quilting. If you still don't like it after it's finished I know a great charity that would love to have it. That's the nice thing about people....everyone is different & has different likes & dislikes. Someone will LOVE that quilt.