Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: is this quilt worth quilting?

is this quilt worth quilting?

Maybe from the very beginning my heart was not into making this quilt and this is what happens when I make blocks and then do not pay attention how I put them together.
    I do not know what to think about this quilt. I, both like it and don't. It was made with a 'Poppy Celebration' fabric line, jelly roll. For the longest time I did not know what to do with it. Wish that there were more of some colors and less of others but wanted to use it up.
    Would love to hear some honest opinions to help me make the decision as to if I should attempt to quilt it or not.
    thank you.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quilt it. Then decide if you want to give it away. Many would love to have something with these pretty colors. While I think the distribution of dark and light colors isn't optimal, I would like to think of it as a mirage of twinkling Christmas ornaments beyond the window panes. Donate it if you still don't like it after quilting.

I like it, send it to me!!! It would look great in a muted guest room & would be very relaxing to rest in!
    “Art is never finished, only abandoned.”
    ― Leonardo_da_Vinci

I love green... You've done such a nice job-- perfect piecing, perfect intersections. Go ahead and finish it up and if you still don't like it, there are many charities that need quilts this time of year. It's a very interesting pattern and quite modern looking. The uneven distribution of the bolder colors makes is look more modern to me. It's great! The quilting will add another layer of 'yumminess' to it.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

I like it. Granted the color distribution isn't even but I think that adds to the interest. Quilt it. You may like it a lot more then. If not, donate it and it will make someone extremely happy and warm and you will feel good that it's being put to good use.

I think it's great. I especially like that the colours are randomly placed, this really adds to the quilt's allure. Please finish it, I am sure you will love it once it is done. Thank you for sharing.

Blog Entries
    Of course you should. It is beautiful !

Quilt it for sure! I'm always amazed after completing a quilt topper how much they change when they're quilted. It will be beautiful after you add the quilting! You did a great job so I'm excited to see the final finished quilt!

quilt it!!!
    When life gives you scraps, make a colorful happy quilt.

Yes, it is definitely worth quilting. If you still don't like it after it's finished I know a great charity that would love to have it. That's the nice thing about people....everyone is different & has different likes & dislikes. Someone will LOVE that quilt.

Blog Entries
    I'd absolutely quilt it. I've finished quilt tops and didn't care much for them until they were quilted. Perhaps being completely finished made the difference. Great work!

It is very lovely , quilt it.
    Pegg

Have a great day and happy sewing !

It looks fantastic! Green is my favorite color. Quilt it, I think you'll like it!!
    Pat
    Brother NQ 3500D
    HQ Avanté

I'm sure you will like it once it's finished. It might be a little different
    than what you are used to but it's actually very "in". I've seen quite
    a few quilts with that look...sort of fades in the background.
    Not sure if I'm explaining this right. LOL
    Don't forget to post a picture when it's finished.

Power Poster
    Blog Entries
    Please quilt it. The first time I looked at it I saw roads. My grandson would love this quilt. His favorite color is green and he loves playing with cars. It's a super quilt and someone will go crazy for it. BrendaK
    Be kind to yourself, by being kind to others. When you help others you help yourself.

Blog Entries
    I agree with the others. Quilt it and then decide. I like the colors and the design. Lots of quilts now are not symmetrical.

Blog Entries
    Are you kidding? I love it. Quilt it. Don't leave any undone, they aren't usable unless they're finished. Right? You need to keep it too. It is your mental ability to go ahead and finish things.someone else[like us] will love it. Barny

I like its funky, modern vibe and the colors, but I can't tell you if it's "worth" quilting because worth is determined by you. Do you want to put any more time, money and thought into it, or are you ready to pass it along as a UFO to someone else, and be free of it?

Could just be that you're in the stage that most everyone reaches in making a quilt--the 'eh, not so much" stage where we waffle between giving up or going on. But then once it's quilted, suddenly we like it again.

I would put a statute of limitations on myself as to how much longer to keep it unfinished. IN other words, make up your mind by Nov 30 (or whatever you determine) and if you haven't wanted to pick it up again, give it away as is. Decision is made and you can move on, one way or another.

Blog Entries
    It's cute and I like the way the colors pop. Random, modern, definitely a Yes!
    I know what I thought I was making when I started this quilt, but it has changed several times since then.

I like it! I'd quilt it, or have a long arm person quilt it, for sure! I like the distribution of colors. There is just enough red and black (or that dark color) in it to make it pop and be interesting.

Maybe someone at your local guild will like it better than you do, and maybe you could make a trade with them for something you like better-- a top they made that they don't want, or just fabric from their stash. Or you could list it here in the trading section and see what happens.

If you think it needs more of a color, you could cut it up and do some 'improve' sewing, making it into something else if you are comfortable with that kind of creating.

Why spend more time, batting, and a back on it, if you don't like it? Let someone else have it and they can quilt it!

Sometimes too much planning and attention to the details ruins the spontaneity. I am being totally honest…
    Not sure what the pattern was supposed to be, but I like the colors and I like the "unstructured" layout. I would definitely finish it and make it a conversation piece and laugh about it with friends and family. The next generation can laugh about your craziness after you're gone.

Please quilt this. It would make a wonderful Christmas present.
    Life is not a movie. No one is going to yell "CUT" when you make a mistake. - Anne L. Fulton

I am from the South....39 miles south of Boston.

I think it is beautiful, really like the colors and pattern. My belief is every quilt deserves to be finished. If you don't like it give it to someone that will like it. It will be warm.

I have started out being not too crazy about a quilt, by the time it is finished I end up liking it. That has happened a few times.
    Another Phyllis
    This life is the only one you get - enjoy it before you lose it.

Blog Entries
    Of course you should finish it. We can't absolutely adore every quilt we make, but sometimes the grow on you. I think it is a wonderful quilt.

Blog Entries
    i like it very much./.. definitely worth quilting
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T – is it True? H – is it Helpful? I – is it Inspiring? N – is it Necessary? K – is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 ... LastLast