Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Quilters Cache (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilters-cache-t41611.html)

Grandma Cindy 04-05-2010 07:20 PM

One day you are going to have some beautiful sampler quilts...

Karo 04-06-2010 03:47 AM

JUST HAVE TO TELL EVERYONE THIS: MY MOTHER, AGE 89, HAS A BOOK TITLED 256 FAT QUARTER QUILT BLOCKS, PUBLISHED BY THE HOUSE OF WHITE BIRCHES. HER GOAL IS TO PIECE ONE OF EVERY BLOCK IN THE BOOK. SHE CUTS THE PIECES WITH SCISSORS, AND DOES THE SEWING BY HAND. SHE THEN PUTS THE BLOCKS TOGETHER INTO SAMPLER TOPS....SO FAR, TWO ARE FINISHED (NOT YET QUILTED) AND THE THIRD IS ABOUT HALF WAY THERE ! THESE ARE TRULY SCRAPPY TOPS WITH NEUTRAL COLOR SASHING. SO, HAVE FUN WITH YOUR PROJECT !

Rina 04-06-2010 04:22 AM

Very nice blocks!

mpeters1200 04-06-2010 06:01 PM

I've made two samplers in which all the blocks came from that site. I love them. I have a hard time making quilts where all the blocks are the same. The finish product is pretty, but I get bored during assembly.

I like your blocks, they are very pretty.

moosegirl 04-07-2010 05:19 AM

What a very good start on a sampler quilt! One of the areas so many of us rush over is the squaring up of each section, especially the half triangles. Take your time and make sure the ruler is on the diagonal line and the corners are cut equal, (the fabric slips or we lift the rotary cutter away from the ruler at the end of the cut) this will give you the right amount of fabric in the seam allowance to make sharp points for stars and other designs. Joining the swaps helps with lots of practice and fun to try new patterns. Good luck and keep up the good work. Moosegirl

ejpkam 04-07-2010 05:20 AM

Samplers are very pretty!

grammypatty7 04-08-2010 04:16 AM

Originally Posted by cminor
I have decided that because I can't seem to stick to anything is that I will just make blocks and maybe some day put them together. My husband thinks I am a nut - but I really do like to make the blocks. Just not 12 or 15 of the same block.

Here is the one I did today.

Beautiful blocks and love the colors. I too like to make blocks and have no clue what will happen with them but they always work out. Sometimes I do have a recipient in mind for the quilt so do look for blocks that would means something to them. I personally don't have the patience to make many duplicate blocks for a quilt. I've done it and the quilts are beautiful but as a scrap quilter, I much prefer just to pull out fabrics, find a block and go with it. Eventually when there is enough for whatever size quilt I want to make, lay the blocks out and figure out where to go from there. I also don't worry about the exact size of the blocks either. I'm finishing up a quilt now that has blocks of several different sizes in it that I've had to border out to make work. I should be posting a photo of it within in the next two weeks. Have the top border to sew on and machine quilt plus bind off first.

Can't wait to see what you opt to do with these beautiful blocks. Enjoy quilting "our" way.

cminor 04-09-2010 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by Grinster
I love your dragonfly fabric! Who makes it?

I went in today and it looks like Keepsake Calico. :)

dkabasketlady 04-17-2010 09:06 PM

Very pretty blocks!! Make just blocks if that makes you happy. Who knows sometime in the future you might decide to put them all together.

KiwiQuilter 04-17-2010 10:43 PM

Nice blocks.

Love love love the fabric in the first block.