Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   quiltin at my quilt house ..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quiltin-my-quilt-house-t200671.html)

joyce888 09-18-2012 08:56 AM

Great set-up! Looks like a happy bunch!

Sierra 09-18-2012 10:54 AM

I wonder how common it is for husbands to "gift" a quilting house? Ten years ago when I was quilting in the great room of our cabin (using our table) and DH was eating his lunch at the breakfast bar (and feeling very generous because he was proud of my quilting and accepting his new limitations) I told him about an article in an old quilt magazine (I bought a few from a quilt shop) about a woman whose husband helped her redo the quest room, then added on to it, and finally, when the house next door went up for sale, bought it and redid it per her quilting desires. I never thought I'd hear of this again and here it is!!!! Some of us just won out in the DH department!

GreatStarter 09-18-2012 01:10 PM

What fun!!!!! You all look like you are really enjoying your "quilting" time together. Thanks for sharing. (Can I move next door to you?????? Please.............)
Kat

Dee 09-18-2012 07:52 PM

Looks like a lot of fun. Happy stitching.

n2scraplvr 09-18-2012 08:18 PM

Aren't we having a ball?? Wow, you are sooo lucky!! We're coming over and bringing fabric and truffles!! :cool::D:thumbup:

p.s. we just might buy all the houses around it to have a huge sew-in!! :thumbup:

wanda lou 09-18-2012 08:58 PM

I so wish I lived close.

Janie67 09-19-2012 06:05 AM

Would love to join you ,I live in Oklahoma!!!

northern lass 09-19-2012 06:06 AM

What a great place to be able to meet and have lots of fun.

Crazy Quiltin Robin 09-19-2012 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by Krystyna (Post 5522940)
Robin, I'm coming to Oklahoma FAST!

Come on Krystyna ...... we always have room for one more ....

Crazy Quiltin Robin 09-19-2012 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Sierra (Post 5523918)
I wonder how common it is for husbands to "gift" a quilting house? Ten years ago when I was quilting in the great room of our cabin (using our table) and DH was eating his lunch at the breakfast bar (and feeling very generous because he was proud of my quilting and accepting his new limitations) I told him about an article in an old quilt magazine (I bought a few from a quilt shop) about a woman whose husband helped her redo the quest room, then added on to it, and finally, when the house next door went up for sale, bought it and redid it per her quilting desires. I never thought I'd hear of this again and here it is!!!! Some of us just won out in the DH department!

I am truly blessed to have had the most wonderful men in my life ...my hubby pretty much just lets us have our girl time and my late hubby was amazing .... he was a pretty wonderful kind of guy who I must admit spoiled me rotten ... my quilt house is wonderful and we have had so much fun there ... seems everyone loves to have the room to sew and talk and have fun .... and we have a kitchen and bathroom so we can bring food and eat ... life is good ......your all invited to vist next time your in SW Oklahoma .... happy quilting to all