Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   And quilting lives on in this family (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/quilting-lives-family-t10740.html)

PamH 08-31-2008 03:58 AM

2 Attachment(s)
My 5 year old granddaughter, Gillian is starting to learn to quilt. I got her and Emily a sewing machine a few weeks ago. Their mom is working with them and I think she is doing a super job teaching the girls. So for now they sew with mom and get to sew with me too.

Jamie said for now Gilli just likes sewing her blocks together and loves cutting the threads :lol:

Gillibeans quilt top
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17137[/ATTACH]

Gillian at her sewing machine
[ATTACH=CONFIG]17138[/ATTACH]

sewsewquilter 08-31-2008 04:03 AM

Wonderful!

retrogirl02 08-31-2008 04:06 AM

OH MY GOSH!! What an awesome job she's doing! I wish I'd have learned quilting that young. She's gonna be a pro before long. How great that you have such good little helpers in your sewing room.

My munchkin just got some cards with sewing holes in them and some colorful string from nana...she's a fabricaholic in the making and mommy & nana are so proud. Looks like you have a wonderful reason or two to be proud, yourself.

Up North 08-31-2008 04:13 AM

Good Job Gillian! Too bad you don't live close to Maddy
you girls could start your own sewing club!! Great Job!
Donna

PamH 08-31-2008 04:25 AM

Originally Posted by Up North
Donna

Oh Donna wouldn't that be just too cute seeing them sitting at their sewing machines and sewing, eating their chocolates and taking about Hannah Montana and High School Musical and singing all the favorite songs. I can just picture that now :lol: :lol:

PamH 08-31-2008 04:30 AM

Thanks Retrogirl,
We are very proud of the interest the girls are taking in quilting. It is so fun to share their excitment in every little block they make.

Your little munchkin will sewing with you and Nanna in no time!!! How old is she?

tlrnhi 08-31-2008 04:41 AM

Look at that smile! She is so proud!!
She can come cut threads for me ANYTIME!
Does she pick up the threads that hit the floor too?
If so, send her over!!! lol

PamH 08-31-2008 04:46 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
Look at that smile! She is so proud!!
She can come cut threads for me ANYTIME!
Does she pick up the threads that hit the floor too?
If so, send her over!!! lol

Oh yes she is very neat about that, they have to lay on her sewing table next to her untill she is all done the she'll toss them in her mom thread catcher. I'm going to make her a thread catcher of her very own, she just loves the one i made for her mommy. :lol:

Up North 08-31-2008 04:49 AM

Originally Posted by PamH

Originally Posted by Up North
Donna

Oh Donna wouldn't that be just too cute seeing them sitting at their sewing machines and sewing, eating their chocolates and taking about Hannah Montana and High School Musical and singing all the favorite songs. I can just picture that now :lol: :lol:

I think about it all the time, I think it would be great if all these little ones lived close together, What fun that would be, mom's and granma's on one side children on the other! 3 generations of quilters!! And Maddy is into Hannah Montana too!

PamH 08-31-2008 04:51 AM

WE WOULD ALL HAVE ALOT OF FUN AND ALOT OF GOOD BONDING TIME.