Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Reality (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/reality-t84366.html)

grannyp70 12-21-2010 01:52 PM

That is beautiful, you are doing a great job on it. I love the pattern, will you please let me know where you got the pattern, I would love to try and make one for myself. Thanks in advance, hope you and your family have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Juliebelle 12-21-2010 01:53 PM

that is awesome

kwiltkrazy 12-21-2010 01:55 PM

Stunning, spectacular, with a large dose of WOW! I love your quilt! The pattern, the colors, everything. Great job.

mcb1180 12-21-2010 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by Roxanne
I finished piecing this top today and the realization hit me square in the face---I cannot finish this quilt for Christmas. So I have left my sewing room and chilled this afternoon. I had a cup of coffee, made my grocery list for the family Christmas get together and I'll start planning my quilting tomorrow!

This is a paper pieced pattern by Judy Neimeyer called Hawaiian Star. The colors are more brilliant than the photo and I am pretty happy with it even though I must work on the skills to do Y seams better.

Roxanne

The colors look pretty great to me, so if they're even brighter in person this is one truly amazing piece of work. Wonderful job.

2 Doods 12-21-2010 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by kwiltkrazy
Stunning, spectacular, with a large dose of WOW! I love your quilt! The pattern, the colors, everything. Great job.

What she said!!

Roxanne 12-21-2010 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by grannyp70
That is beautiful, you are doing a great job on it. I love the pattern, will you please let me know where you got the pattern, I would love to try and make one for myself. Thanks in advance, hope you and your family have Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

Granny,
Judy Neimeyer has her own website (google her) I think she still sells this pattern. I got mine from Batiks Plus.

I bought it 2 years ago and had looked at it lovingly for the whole time. I was afraid to tackle it after I had read the instructions. But recently someone here on the board posted a picture of theirs and I was inspired.

Thanks for your kind words. Merry Christmas!
Roxanne

cherylynne 12-21-2010 02:09 PM

Yes, just have a great Christmas and finish the quilt when you have more time. Merry Christmas to you and your family!!

TFquilter 12-21-2010 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Roxanne
I finished piecing this top today and the realization hit me square in the face---I cannot finish this quilt for Christmas. So I have left my sewing room and chilled this afternoon. I had a cup of coffee, made my grocery list for the family Christmas get together and I'll start planning my quilting tomorrow!

This is a paper pieced pattern by Judy Neimeyer called Hawaiian Star. The colors are more brilliant than the photo and I am pretty happy with it even though I must work on the skills to do Y seams better.

Fabulous!

Roxanne

Maggiemay 12-21-2010 02:23 PM

Spectacular- really pretty! Enjoy your little break before you get back to quilting!

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 12-21-2010 02:54 PM

Wow.....I love it!