Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/road-runners-round-robin-2013-2014-a-t227970.html)

Elisabrat 08-14-2013 04:26 PM

Road Runners Round Robin 2013/2014

Five of us here on the board... Elisabrat, Jaba, Twinriverfarm, SandyinZ4, and Tlambing have agreed to do a round robin. This thread will be where we post pictures of our progress for everyone to see. We should be done around May 2014 and we will post our finished quilts too.

I look forward to working with these great board members in our endeavor to create beautiful and FUN quilt tops with each other. I hope also to hear the chatter from the rest of the board on how they feel we are doing and to help us when we get stuck on a round and are unsure what to do. We are going to have an amazing swap and your all welcome to be part of this!

I believe Jaba has started on her center and will be posting a picture asap! Let the fun begin!

Diane007 08-14-2013 05:07 PM

sorry no picture

jaba 08-14-2013 05:35 PM

I sewed one yesterday that I really like and will probably use it! This was made from the urging of "the brat" because she thought this fabric would make an awesome quilt. It's not a fabric you can go out and just find, so will send some along that if you wish you will be able to incorporate in your round. I will take a pic tomorrow and post so you can all see what you will be working on. Excited here for this to begin.

tlambing 08-14-2013 08:40 PM

Can't wait to see your pic Jaba. I'm trying to get inspired/pointed in a direction that I really want to go. Nothing yet ;)
I've got lots of time this weekend to do some figuring.

To introduce myself...I'm 48, live in California, married w/2 grown kids. We've got 3 dogs and a cat that run our house. I'm a business owner for 12 yrs now in the dental field. My work is creative, but forcibly so. So, I quilt, for about 6 yrs now, to help satisfy my need to be creative on my own terms. I love bright and bold. Red is my favorite color. Learning to like the more contemporary. I strive for perfection (not that I succeed but I sure try hard)

This is my first round robin.

It's nice to meet you ladies, I'm sure we'll become fast friends <3

This sounds like its going to be bunches of fun, once I get over my hyperventilating.

gabeway 08-15-2013 04:49 AM

Sounds like fun.

mighty 08-15-2013 06:33 AM

Really sounds like fun!

jaba 08-15-2013 04:46 PM

1 Attachment(s)
No need to hyperventilate tlambing, take a deep breath, you quilt beautifully. I'm 67, married for 17 years so far. I have 2 grown sons and hubby has 2 sons and 1 daughter. We're a combined family and all the kids get along great which is a blessing. I am retired and loving it, owned grocery stores when I was working. Hubby retired once, then decided to go back to work but he will be 62 in Dec., so he's saying he will be done this time....we'll see, he always finds something to do, me, I just go and sew...
Here is the center I think I'm going to send. Want a nice soft "girly one" this time for some reason. I have plenty of the print fabric and will send a half yard or yard with it and when someone runs out and needs it just let me know and I will mail you more. It's such a soft print I think it will need some of it on at least some of the rounds.[ATTACH=CONFIG]430459[/ATTACH]

Nammie to 7 08-15-2013 05:20 PM

This will be fun to watch! Everyone comes up with such great ideas.

SandyinZ4 08-15-2013 07:35 PM

Hi everyone, I signed up (Brat twisted my arm really arm LOL!) for this round robin on Sunday or Monday??? and then we left on Tuesday to visit friends in another state. Now back home and trying to decide what to do for my center block. Think I have it figured out and it is a toss up between two. Since we got home just this evening, still putting away 'stuff' but will post the one I decide on and then you all can tell me I made a wise or foolish choice! Let's see...I'm 68...married almost 45 years, have 4 kids and two step kids; 11 GKs and 5 GGk's (some were adopted); been quilting for about 10 years but moreso these past 4 years. Working on family genealogy and that takes up a lot of time so between that and quilting...I will never be bored. I think I am leaning toward a red and white quilt as red is my favorite color and this might be a way to cross one thing off my bucket list. (Tlambing, we have something in common already) :-) Ok..enough for introductions for tonight. Jaba, you are off and running with getting your block done already. Thanks for the pic.

Elisabrat 08-16-2013 03:50 AM

WOW you guys have me beat in the Grandkids department! I have one. She is 8! I am 51 in a long term relationship with a man who gets my warped sense of humor and raises me one. Hence the dead animal/bone collection he brings me. I have 3 grown children 2 who have made it there and one who is trying and not quiet there yet. I love them all to pieces. My dh has two who are pretty distant so we dont intermingle much. It works for them. I quilt because it takes me away from dwelling on life issue's which can be daunting but I can just sit here and focus.. on fabric, on design and it makes it all ok. I love this. I have Jaba as a sister/friend. We met here. She took me under her wing last summer when I had a stroke and quilting .. left my memory.. she is patient and so kind and well I moved to Wyoming so that must say something :) I love this board.Thanks for playing along with me. Even if I forget stuff a whole bunch be patient.. I get it. slowly.