Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   roadside find for quilting room (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/roadside-find-quilting-room-t172271.html)

aneternalpoet 12-16-2011 07:26 PM

roadside find for quilting room

1 Attachment(s)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]295934[/ATTACH]
Last week along side the road I live on, this treasure was set out for anyone to snatch and grab.. Of course, I saw it, and thought ..humm.. garage for tools? haha NOT ON YOUR LIFE... sewing room cubby holes, for tools, fat quarters, stencils, markers, scissors, you name it, there's plenty of slots for whatever I can find to fill them with.. This treasure had been in the neighbors garage, so I am leary about putting fabric straight on to the wood, so for now, because I don't have anything else, I am using shoe boxes to store things in.. works for me..

BrendaK 12-16-2011 07:31 PM

Great find. Will the shoe box fit into the cubby holes? Man do I have a lot of things that could go into those holes. Have fun with your new find. Congrats. BrendaK

valleyquiltermo 12-16-2011 07:31 PM

Really cool, maybe you could seal and then paint the inside. Then it would be safe for fabric.

KimS 12-16-2011 07:36 PM

Maybe you could put shelf paper in the cubbies and then you could put your fabric in it.

traveler53 12-16-2011 07:37 PM

That is a great find! I must live in the wrong part of the country. I see so many items found in thrift stores and garage sales that were purchased by members. I don't normally find that here in this neck of the woods. But I will keep looking. Enjoy your new piece of furniture.

lfstamper 12-16-2011 07:39 PM

What a great find!

aneternalpoet 12-16-2011 07:47 PM

I went out to Payless Shoe source to see if they had narrow boxes for kids shoes ( which, lol, is what size I wear - tiny size 4 shoe here ), and they did fit into the cubbies... so glad for that.. want to eventually get some baskets for offices, ect that would fit in there, but budget won't allow me to buy any at this time.. thus, shoe boxes, or whatever I can come up with here at home.

Originally Posted by BrendaK (Post 4787733)
Great find. Will the shoe box fit into the cubby holes? Man do I have a lot of things that could go into those holes. Have fun with your new find. Congrats. BrendaK

aneternalpoet 12-16-2011 07:48 PM

I never find things like this either, and our thrift store here in our small mountain town has bunches of garbage, and never anything good, sad to say. I was just in the right place, at the right time of night, because it was late, and I just happened to see it on the curbside..

Originally Posted by traveler53 (Post 4787752)
That is a great find! I must live in the wrong part of the country. I see so many items found in thrift stores and garage sales that were purchased by members. I don't normally find that here in this neck of the woods. But I will keep looking. Enjoy your new piece of furniture.

aneternalpoet 12-16-2011 07:49 PM

that would be some hard work to do, since each cubby is only 6 inches or so.. to much work.. I 'd rather be sewing :p

Originally Posted by KimS (Post 4787751)
Maybe you could put shelf paper in the cubbies and then you could put your fabric in it.

mighty 12-16-2011 08:55 PM

Great find! Enjoy.