Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

jillnjo 08-08-2012 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by yayaquilts (Post 5413303)
Here's my center block. I'll try to post a better picture later as this one doesn't show the true colors--the white is true white!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]353161[/ATTACH]

I haven't mailed it yet, but will in a couple of days when I can get to the post office in the nearby town--we are camping by the lakeside at Lake Almanor in the mountains near Mt Lassen for the next week!

I have your block already, yaya!! It is a beauty. It says "summer" to me. So bright and crisp. I ordered a new border book and I am going to let the block talk to me and browse through my book. And maybe even try some graphing. The first round is not going to take a lot of time to actually sew, so I can think as long as I need to!

Dragonfly Nana 08-08-2012 02:05 PM

Judith1005, I received your center today - So pretty in person!
One of the fabrics I pulled will go nicely - the other, well, not so much.
Guess I will just have to go shopping through the 30's fabric that my LQS just got in. Don't you just feel sorry for me? :D

Dragonfly Nana 08-08-2012 02:07 PM

Originally Posted by wildyard (Post 5424896)
Got the email and have the centers all graphed out and ready to color and play. Thanks so much for the photo and your great directions.

Just for general FYI, I don't think there is any WRONG size graph paper, since you assign the size to each square that you want it to represent.

Have fun playing with this on these blocks all, and next thing you know you will be creating your own patterns! It's so much fun!!!

You are very welcome. I am glad you found them helpful.

Judith1005 08-08-2012 04:16 PM

LOL, Your too funny. That's what I did today. I took my center into the Hancocks of Paducah to play with some color options. :) Of course, I couldn't leave all that fabric behind. I just "had" to rescue some. They begged to come home with me. Honest! :wink:

Thank you. Have fun at you LQS. (I'm sure you'll hear the wispers too, They will beg to come home with you.)

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5427062)
Judith1005, I received your center today - So pretty in person!
One of the fabrics I pulled will go nicely - the other, well, not so much.
Guess I will just have to go shopping through the 30's fabric that my LQS just got in. Don't you just feel sorry for me? :D

sewhappy30 08-09-2012 01:22 AM

Glad the centers are starting to arrive. Mine had to travel pretty far but should be there soon. I will be out of town until Sunday evening, me and my husband is taking a long needed vacation for the weekend. Not sure if I will be able to check any messages or not but I will try. If not, I will check back in when I get home Sunday.

Have fun this weekend hope everyone gets lots of sewing done!!

Krystyna 08-09-2012 02:57 AM

What wonderful fun you ladies will have with this RR. And it looks like you're off to a great start.

jillnjo 08-09-2012 05:18 AM

Judith, I picked up 2 FQ in my local shop that are a 30's print. They look like the exact blue in your center! And if they are not, more for my stash!!

Have a wonderful week-end, Gena.

Dragonfly Nana 08-09-2012 02:29 PM

Ooohh I just got home from finding a perfect match (color) that will go with Judith's center - and three FQs that will go with material I bought to make a quilt for my mom, and a FQ that goes with my Christmas panel, and.......yeah - I heard the whispers too. :D

jillnjo 08-09-2012 03:15 PM

I had a print in my cupboard that looks fantastic with yaya's red center! And some bright batik blue, too. I left them in a pile with the center and will see what happens.

Judith1005 08-09-2012 03:22 PM

Have fun Gena!!