Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

Judith1005 11-28-2012 02:57 PM

Wow, sounds nice. But, :shock: big. lol :)

yayaquilts 11-28-2012 08:22 PM

Yes, it'll be big! I will post a picture. Trying to figure out the last borders-3-4 to make it long enough and hoping I have enough fabric....it'll be tricky to make it work!!

Judith1005 12-06-2012 03:25 PM

Hi Guys, I just wanted to let you know, I will have Karens top done in a couple of days. I have all the blocks pieced together and ready to "fit" onto my round. I may be just a day or two late. I will post a picture as soon as I have it ready to go to DragonflyNana. Soon, I promise. It is coming out exactly how I hoped it would. It really compliments Karens center and Jillngo's round.

Can I ask for suggestions on TamMoo's top. I'm just a little stumped on how I should go on. I don't want to make it too busy and I really want to enhance the prior two rounds. But, I do not have it on the design wall yet. So, of course it hasn't "talked" to me yet. I want to finish Karen's first before I really dig into TamMoo's. But, suggestions are welcome.

If anyone needs or wants any 30's fabric to work on mine, Just let me know. I have a photo posted on my blog of the colors I have on hand right now. It's just a small collection of prints, but, they sure make me smile. I just don't want anyone to HAVE to go to a big expense if they don't like 30's prints or are on a limited budget . (I know what that's like.)

I am really enjoying working on everyones quilts. I am just stressing the "fit" of the round. But, I promise you will be pleased.

Well, I will let you know Monday how things are going. I work the next few days (or I would not be late at all). Of course, silly me, I lost track of the time. I am sorry. I will do better on my next round. (I promise.)

sewhappy30 12-06-2012 04:08 PM

I think we have decided to extend the deadline from Dec 10th to Jan 10th for this round. At least I hope so. I haven't even started on mine yet, Christmas and work is really taking a toll on me. So I think Jan 10th is the mailing date. If that's not right someone please let me know. But mine will definately be late if its Dec 10th. I'm so sorry everyone, life has really got me going in every direction right now..

Dragonfly Nana 12-06-2012 05:26 PM

Don't stress ladies - get the done when you can.

Judith - what about splitting the round measurement into a couple of sections? Maybe a medium blue strip first - to set the tone and then a section of the mixed colors (blues, yellow and white) in a different geometric pattern - like 1/2 square triangles or pinwheels to give it the feel of motion?

Judith1005 12-06-2012 06:31 PM

That sounds interesting. I will definitely think about it.

Tam...Moo 12-08-2012 08:29 PM

Just to let know that I have not received anything to work on in awhile.

juneayerza 12-08-2012 09:48 PM

It looks like you all are having a great time with this and they are all looking so good. Hopefully, some day I will have the skills to play too.

Judith1005 12-09-2012 07:24 AM

Thanks June. But, I'm not even sure I have the skills yet. But, I am learning so much along the way. My math skills are killing me. But, I am having fun along the way.

Dragonfly Nana 12-10-2012 04:43 AM

I agree Judith - I don't think my skills are the best but I keep at it until it looks right.