Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin 2012/2013 pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-2012-2013-pictures-t196452.html)

dahlshouse 08-04-2012 06:30 AM

I had not heard of this ... but it sounds like a really fun thing to do... look forward to seeing everyones' creativity. So far the centers are great.. ..

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5415672)
Hi Linda - Sure it goes like this: Say you have 6 players, identified as A, B, C, D, E, and F.
Each player makes a "center" and mails it to the next player in line: A mails to B, B mails to C, etc.
B them adds a border or "round" to what was received from A
B then mails the whole thing to C
C adds a round and mails it to D
And so on through the list to F, each player adding a round to the whole that was received.
F then mails it for the last time back to its owner A as a completed quilt top.

The size for each "round" is determined before the robin begins. So for the first round each player might add a 3" round to what they receive. The second round each player would add the next stated size - say a 5" round.

The end size of each quilt is determined by the creator based on the size of the center initially sent

Hope that helps.

Judith1005 08-04-2012 03:05 PM

OOo, pretty. LOL, we all went with some type of blue. Tam Moo, I love the florals you used. It should really be fun to work on. I'm so sorry about your sister.

Originally Posted by Tam...Moo (Post 5416303)
Wow, ladies - your centers are amazing. Mine seems so plain compared to yours. I can see the challenge is on! I can hardly wait.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353396[/ATTACH]

Judith1005 08-04-2012 03:11 PM

Paula, This is awesome. I love what you did with the photos. It is all so neat to see all the different styles and colors used. I am going to enjoy working on each and everyone.
:)

Originally Posted by Dragonfly Nana (Post 5416391)
OK here the are all together. What a stunning group.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]353402[/ATTACH]

and leave it to me to be the odd-man-out with the round center :p

Greeter Eva 08-05-2012 02:18 PM

I love all the blocks, maybe cuz I love blue. Did you decide they should all lean to the blue?

sewhappy30 08-05-2012 02:51 PM

Originally Posted by Greeter Eva (Post 5419974)
I love all the blocks, maybe cuz I love blue. Did you decide they should all lean to the blue?

No, that was just a coincidence. We had no clue what anyone was making until we posted them here,and I couldn't believe that all 6 of us had some color of blue as a big part of each block.

Dragonfly Nana 08-05-2012 03:15 PM

Just another case of "great minds think alike"

Judith - I know what I am going to do with your center when it arrives! Just want to make sure the colors match.
Gena - Mine will be in tomorrow's mail to you. Good luck. Actually, I have no clue what I would do next with my center.

sewhappy30 08-05-2012 05:08 PM

Paula, I've actually been looking at some things today for yours, have a few ideas but won't really know until I see it in person. After looking at it for a few days I'm sure it will come to me. I'll probably change my mind several times before I decide anyway. lol I can't wait to see it!!

Judith1005 08-05-2012 05:54 PM

Paula, I'm going to try to get mine out to you tomorrow. But, I will let you know for sure. My cocker spaniel had surgery a couple of days ago. She's doing well. But, her bandage change is tomorrow. And I will take my mom to run errands tomorrow. So, I will try to incorporate a trip to the P.O. also.

I get to work on Nancy's first. And I don't have a clue what I'm going to do yet. I like to look and feel before I decide what direction I want to head in. I'm getting excited tho. I always get such inspiration from the fabrics and style used also.:)

Dragonfly Nana 08-05-2012 07:00 PM

I can be patient as I have a DQ to finish first so no rush if you don't make the PO tomorrow. I hope your fur baby will get a good report when the bandage is removed.

I am a graph paper gal - I have already drawn out the centers that Judith and Nancy posted. I copy them and then play on paper until I get a feel for what I want to do. When I decide - most of the math is already done because of the graph paper. :-)

wildyard 08-05-2012 08:18 PM

I love playing on graph paper too, and I think it will be a fun exercise to take your centers and see what I come up with to add. It will be fun to compare my ideas to what you all do.