Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Round Robin inspiration (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/round-robin-inspiration-t71575.html)

Blue Bell 10-23-2010 04:50 PM

Awesome quilt.

vbourck 10-23-2010 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by coastienest
Asking a dumb question but what is a round robin quilt? See, told you it was dumb

There is no such thing as a dumb question-
a round robin quilt is a group effort where each member of the group makes a center and then they each send their center to the next person in the group, where a border is added. The centers are mailed around the group until all have completed a border, usually each border gets successively wider. Now look at the above quilt and you will see each border that was added by a different person.
Currently on this board there are at least 14 groups of six working on round robin quilts. I hope that long sentence makes sense!

mollymct 10-23-2010 06:38 PM

That is gorgeous!! I lurk on the RR threads sometimes. I think (someday, after acquiring more skill and speed!) that would be awesome to participate in.

TN Donna 10-23-2010 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by vbourck

Asking a dumb question but what is a round robin quilt? See, told you it was dumb

a round robin quilt is a group effort where each member of the group makes a center and then they each send their center to the next person in the group, where a border is added. The centers are mailed around the group until all have completed a border, usually each border gets successively wider. Now look at the above quilt and you will see each border that was added by a different person.
Currently on this board there are at least 14 groups of six working on round robin quilts. I hope that long sentence makes sense!

Very beautiful but beyond me. Who gets to keep the finished quilt? I will volunteer for all give aways.

KiwiQuilter 10-23-2010 07:27 PM

That is just delightful. What a lovely quilt.

kreinhart742 10-23-2010 07:46 PM

Wow that is just stunning, and they are so fun to be a part of.

Toto's Mom 10-23-2010 08:00 PM

Originally Posted by mollymct
That is gorgeous!! I lurk on the RR threads sometimes. I think (someday, after acquiring more skill and speed!) that would be awesome to participate in.

Lurking, too, huh? I just LOVE watching what each one comes up with, and how they all come together so beautifully.
This one is my favorite colors, too!

sewlittletime 10-24-2010 07:27 AM

Originally Posted by vbourck

Glad you asked, I didnt know what it meant either. Now we know Thank you

LETIA 10-24-2010 08:03 AM

Very pretty!!

Maybe1day 10-24-2010 02:19 PM

Mollmct, I haven’t been quilting for very long myself (4yrs since I took it up but had just over a years break from doing anything while we were in limbo from moving and then had 8 month break last year while having my cancer treatment) So you can tell from this that I still consider myself quite new to it all.
TN Donna, the centre of each quilt being worked on belongs to the person who made it and the finished quilt (as in top) is returned to the person who made that centre.
I jumped in with both feet and am as nervous as a cat on a tin roof, one of those real slippery ones however am loving the challenge and seeing the centres develop in each group.

Maybe1day