Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy 9-Patch quilts from the mystery quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-9-patch-quilts-mystery-quilt-t210759.html)

sewsewquilter 01-22-2013 05:28 PM

Vicki, I really, really, really like the way you did your blocks and blue looks great!

Annz 01-22-2013 05:29 PM

I really like them both but especially the king sized one. The colors are very striking. Great job.

sewsewquilter 01-22-2013 05:33 PM

Sherri, from grandma's closet is a great fun thing to do. They are all going to love having a quilt from grandma's closet. I like the fuchsia. :)

whitepine 01-23-2013 08:03 AM

Sheri, You have really inspired me to tackle quilting. I have several tops but have never tried to quilt even though I have taken a FMQ class. This one would be perfect to start on. Also, I absolutely love your idea of making them all in the same design. This pattern has big enough squares that the fabrics really show. Great job.

SheriR 01-23-2013 08:11 AM

Whitepine, another reason to do them all the same (besides ease of cutting everything). Nobody could say "that one is better than mine!" Because some will. I plan on finishing them all, wrapping them in brown paper, and letting them pick randomly from the pile. If some kids aren't around a sibling or parent can pick, or I mail a random one to them. :D I've had too much time to worry/think about this. LoL

reeskylr 01-23-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by whitepine (Post 5807542)
Sheri, You have really inspired me to tackle quilting. I have several tops but have never tried to quilt even though I have taken a FMQ class. This one would be perfect to start on. Also, I absolutely love your idea of making them all in the same design. This pattern has big enough squares that the fabrics really show. Great job.

I like the quilting also, but I'm a big chicken to do it. I did mine the 'Judy Way' as I'm gonna call it now! LOL the wavy lines instead of 'in the ditch'. The back puckerd some, but oh well, I got it finished and it looks great over the brown loveseat!

Grandma Cindy 01-23-2013 08:05 PM

would it be possible to get the finished sizes of the different quilts with 6,9,12,15,16,20 blocks etc... they are all so beautiful...

cowgirlquilter 01-23-2013 08:44 PM

Oh my goodness these are wonderful!!!!

whitepine 01-24-2013 07:48 AM

Originally Posted by SheriR (Post 5807563)
Whitepine, another reason to do them all the same (besides ease of cutting everything). Nobody could say "that one is better than mine!" Because some will. I plan on finishing them all, wrapping them in brown paper, and letting them pick randomly from the pile. If some kids aren't around a sibling or parent can pick, or I mail a random one to them. :D I've had too much time to worry/think about this. LoL

The "pick randomly" method is what I have done when sending a bunch of xmas presents which are all the same but different. Then I tell them they can trade if they like, but I don't think they do.

islandwiz1 01-25-2013 06:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Thanks Judy. I am soooo Glad I finished this top!