Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy 9-Patch quilts from the mystery quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-9-patch-quilts-mystery-quilt-t210759.html)

RJ 01-13-2013 08:25 PM

my first trip on the train

This is the first mystery quilt that I have done....and a friend did it with me--hers is the bright colors(her favorites)-they both turned out good and we had fun making them----I hardly made a dent in my scraps..so definatly will make this one again...now if I can remember how to post a picture

quiltedlamb07 01-13-2013 08:30 PM

beautiful quilts

Mary O 01-14-2013 03:59 AM

Scrappy Mini Mystery

1 Attachment(s)
Used leftover scraps from a quilt,muslin for the lite part.Love this pattern,thank-you Judy

RJ 01-14-2013 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5784662)
This is the first mystery quilt that I have done....and a friend did it with me--hers is the bright colors(her favorites)-they both turned out good and we had fun making them----I hardly made a dent in my scraps..so definatly will make this one again...now if I can remember how to post a picture

Well, I have searched the help section and still cannot post a picture....there is no little icon anywhere that looks like
what is described in the help section....such frustration.....any suggestions??

createfourpaws 01-14-2013 07:01 AM

Originally Posted by RJ (Post 5785197)
Well, I have searched the help section and still cannot post a picture....there is no little icon anywhere that looks like
what is described in the help section....such frustration.....any suggestions??

Do you go to the "go advanced" tab when trying to upload a picture? When you do down towards the bottom there is a spot that says manage attachments. You need tomake sure your picture is saved as a web picture. Hope this helps. took me a while to figure it out too.

paintmejudy 01-14-2013 08:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
here is my batik table runner made with 3-1/2" blocks. A bit skimpy in length as I didn't do the math, just knew that the 4-1/2" woul make it too big. Should have done it with three 9-patch blocks. And should have paid more attention to the colors as the stars don't stand out.

thimblebug6000 01-14-2013 08:41 AM

All beautiful quilts & cute table runner too! Great job everyone!

Minister 01-14-2013 10:51 AM

Very nice!!!

paulswalia 01-14-2013 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws (Post 5785265)
Do you go to the "go advanced" tab when trying to upload a picture? When you do down towards the bottom there is a spot that says manage attachments. You need tomake sure your picture is saved as a web picture. Hope this helps. took me a while to figure it out too.

FourPaws is right, go advanced, manage attachments, browse your computer for where the photo is saved, click open when you find the picture, then upload on the quiting board screen and wait for it to upload. When upload complete shows you can post your reply. BUT......the biggest thing is you must resize your photo. I don't know enough to quote the maximum pixels or whatever it is measured by - but on my Windows computer, using windows picture manager I can choose to resize to "Large - Web" size and it works. Now go get that photo - we want to see your quilt!

reeskylr 01-14-2013 11:57 AM

Create Four Paws -- If you are using quick reply, just select the 'Insert Image' icon that is next to the little filmstrip. When that small box comes up, make sure the tab is on From Computer and not URL.

Browse for your picture. I try to make sure mine is on the desktop, so it is easier to find.

Select Upload Image and it should be there for you! But yes, you do need to make sure it is JPG or GIF and not PNG. Plus that it is a smaller size.

When I size them, I usually halve the pixels to 50 percent. But that is a more advanced type of doing things.