Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy PP Husky? (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-pp-husky-t60521.html)

Lady Shivesa 08-20-2010 06:36 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Mostly I'm looking for feedback on a project I'm hoping to start this week. I'm going to make a paper pieced husky wall hanging for my little sister - only problem is I really don't have that many black or grey fabrics. Originally I wanted the dog to be just grey and white, but that's not going to work. I have plenty of white, a little black and almost no gray.

So my question is, do you think I can use a bunch of different fabrics for this or should a PP project always have one or two constant fabrics?

Here's some pics of the fabrics I have and the pattern - I would appreciate any and all feedback.

Fabrics I Currently Have
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100760[/ATTACH]

Pattern Up Close
[ATTACH=CONFIG]100761[/ATTACH]

jayelee 08-20-2010 06:40 PM

I am thinking that these colors go together great I dont think that just two constant colors would give you enough of a contrast try it and see

sharon b 08-20-2010 06:41 PM

"I" think if you keep the darker reading fabrics as the dark... the lighter reading ones as the mediums you will be fine... does that make sense ?
I don't think you have to have totally contrasting colors

katmom54 08-20-2010 06:51 PM

even just looking at your photo on here, a lot of the black and whites read as greys..I think it will be nice...

amma 08-20-2010 06:51 PM

Remember, you can use the back side of fabrics to if it works for you :wink:

Try photo copying the foundation pattern, use it as a template to cut out your fabrics. Play with the different color combinations until you find one that you like :D:D:D
(If you use the wrong side of the templates as a guide and leave a 3/8" seam allowance around the template, you can use them in your final piece :wink: The templates need to be wrong side up and laying on the fabric which is right side up :D

lindyline 08-21-2010 02:15 AM

Having pp'd the collie head and collie body from silver linings, you need more contrast, not less.Huskies, are not a uniform color over any part.I think your colors shuld look great.Please post the finished block.

MinnieKat 08-21-2010 06:37 AM

It looks to me like the colors that you have there will work fine ... be sure to post a pic of the finished product.

Ditter43 08-21-2010 07:00 AM

Your fabrics have varying shades in them so I think they should work out great! Can't wait to see the finished picture!! :D :D

Luv Quilts and Cats 08-21-2010 07:03 AM

Are you going to use pink for the inner ears and blue for the eyes? It would look great if you did. I would also add in some cream and maybe some very light golds to give richness and depth (not sure if that is the right word) to the grays, blacks and whites.

twinkie 08-21-2010 07:13 AM

I love your choice of fabrics. Looking forward to seeing the finished product. Good Luck