Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

red-warrior 07-08-2011 11:12 AM

Thank you for sharing ....you've made a believer out of me!

Boopers 07-08-2011 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by jbj137
I guess my Garbage Can Quilt qualifies:

J J

Question---Why Garbage Can Quilt?

jeaninmaine 07-08-2011 11:39 AM

I just love this topic. What a wonderful assortment of great scrappy quilts. I'm feeling so inspired.

sparkys_mom 07-08-2011 11:50 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I love the scrappy quilt show. I'm still a relatively new quilter but I've done some scrappy string quilts at the local quilt shop with others. An awful lot of fun to do. These are just tops. The one at the quilt shop was finished later and donated to a shelter. The second one I've done on my own but still need to add a border and finish it up. It will go to Quilts For Kids.

Made with others at quilt shop
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223060[/ATTACH]

My own creation
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223061[/ATTACH]

Neanie 07-08-2011 11:59 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two of many I have made from my scraps. The first is called Trail Mix from American Patchwork and Quilting, June, 2004. It was a gift for my brother. The second is called Crayon Box and the pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site. This was given to a home where foster children await placement.

Neanie 07-08-2011 12:01 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Here are two of many I have made from my scraps. The first is called Trail Mix from American Patchwork and Quilting, June, 2004. It was a gift for my brother. The second is called Crayon Box and the pattern is from Bonnie Hunter's Quiltville site. This was given to a home where foster children await placement.

stichinluvr 07-08-2011 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by sparkys_mom
I love the scrappy quilt show. I'm still a relatively new quilter but I've done some scrappy string quilts at the local quilt shop with others. An awful lot of fun to do. These are just tops. The one at the quilt shop was finished later and donated to a shelter. The second one I've done on my own but still need to add a border and finish it up. It will go to Quilts For Kids.

The orange makes it look like you're looking into a hole - Awesome! Very 3d to me.

deelost 07-08-2011 12:13 PM

I'm too structured for scrappy! I have tried several times but they always end up "ordered" I loved the scrappy quilt show so I will continue to try.........

Izy 07-08-2011 12:16 PM

9 Attachment(s)
Apart from my sons wedding quilt, I have never bought fabric specific for a quilt, all my quilts are basically scrappy made with mainly fat quarters and less!! I struggle to go totally no holds barred scrappy, but hope to soon as I have been cutting up all my scraps so watch this space :thumbup:

dorismary2001 07-08-2011 12:25 PM

8 Attachment(s)
I love scrappy quilts and have been making them for at least 3 years - still trying to use up my stash!

Here are a few pictures.

Not a quick one but was all done from stash.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223082[/ATTACH]

Quiltville's Pineapple Blossoms
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223083[/ATTACH]

A challenge one to use shared recycled fabrics of all sorts. Some ghastly non quilting fabrics here.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223084[/ATTACH]

Done for a challenge Any dream will do. Mine, a trip around the world by balloon.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223087[/ATTACH]

Just a few stars!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223090[/ATTACH]

Just a simple strippy.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223093[/ATTACH]

Rainbow Bright Hopes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223095[/ATTACH]

My most recent for a Must be made primarily from Strips challenge
[ATTACH=CONFIG]223097[/ATTACH]