Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

craftynell 05-01-2013 10:38 AM

They are all very nice.

drgranny 05-01-2013 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by gramto4 (Post 3768627)
I love this thread - so many lovely quilts. Some are very unique and all are beautiful. I love the feeling of making "something out of nothing". Now to see if I can upload some pictures...

Crayon Box pattern (Quiltville)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230847[/ATTACH]

Diamond strings (Quiltville)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230848[/ATTACH]

One of many Kids' I Spy quilts
[ATTACH=CONFIG]230849[/ATTACH]

Love the diamond strings!!!I have been sitting here off and on all day looking at these. Still have lots of pages to go!!! Can't seem to tear myself away. But it is time to go to bed now....................

Krystyna 05-01-2013 07:34 PM

Petthefabric, what was your process for the last one? Did you piece or applique? I love your use of thread to extend the motif to the border. Adds so much movement and an element of further interest to the eye.

petthefabric 05-01-2013 11:32 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Krystyna, I think this is the one you're referring to, right?

There's some little pieces. They were all sewn as one big piece then cross cut as needed for the design. I started by laying two fabrics on top of each other, then cutting a gently curned line through them. Shuffled them and sewed them to the opposite color. Kept adding more fabrics in the same manner, auditioning on the design wall as I went. At some point I felt it was too predictable and needed some variety, hense the light green that crosses over several seams. I didn't want the border to severly chop off the pattern, so even the border is sewn on with curved seams and the quilting travels into the border. I can think of 6 quilting books that got me to this technique. And 6-10 that contributed to design principles and elements. It's hard to explain in a short space. What other questions do you have?[ATTACH=CONFIG]411274[/ATTACH]

Krystyna 05-02-2013 04:51 AM

What other questions? Can you come over and teach me to do one? :o

Rose Bagwell 05-02-2013 04:19 PM

Love scrappy quilts, so much fun to make. Love your quilts.

nanacc 05-03-2013 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My scrappy is a memory quilt. Truly scraps from all kinds of fabrics. My sweet DSIL passed away a few years ago. She made her clothes, dolls, crochet, all kinds of crafts. Everyone in the family has dolls or other things she has made for them, even though she had limited income and was quite ill for a long time. I was given a lot of scraps from all sorts of fabrics. I got a wild impulse to make a quilt for the brother who was closest to her. I have just the top done so far. Hope it will be good enough to honor her memory. [ATTACH=CONFIG]411438[/ATTACH]

SewExtremeSeams 05-03-2013 05:43 AM

Originally Posted by nanacc (Post 6041156)
My scrappy is a memory quilt. Truly scraps from all kinds of fabrics. My sweet DSIL passed away a few years ago. She made her clothes, dolls, crochet, all kinds of crafts. Everyone in the family has dolls or other things she has made for them, even though she had limited income and was quite ill for a long time. I was given a lot of scraps from all sorts of fabrics. I got a wild impulse to make a quilt for the brother who was closest to her. I have just the top done so far. Hope it will be good enough to honor her memory. [ATTACH=CONFIG]411438[/ATTACH]

It is beautiful. How sweet of you to make this.

nanacc 05-03-2013 09:34 AM

All are so great! #1 has been on my list for a while...Your pattern from quiltville??
(JCL from Fla)

grammy Dwynn 05-03-2013 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by nanacc (Post 6042016)
All are so great! #1 has been on my list for a while...Your pattern from quiltville??
(JCL from Fla)

nanacc ~ Strip Twist from Bonnie Hunters site ~ quiltville.com ~ http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2005/06/strip-twist.html

Hopefully we will see yours 'soon' :)