Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Snooze2978 05-08-2014 05:09 AM

6 Attachment(s)
My 1st scrappy quilt was the Pineapple Blossom. That's when I realized I do like unorganized quilts. Then came a controlled Pineapple Blossom in Red, black, silver and white. Loved how that one came out. Next came the DP9 on point in browns, blues and beige for a ex-boyfriend (yes, we're still friends). My scraps started to take over the sewing room so decided to make some lap quilts for a couple elderly ladies in our congregation plus 2 more controlled scrappy ones for myself. I think I'm mainly making scrappy or controlled scrappy these days. My next one I'll start today will be Quiltville's Smith Mountain in blues, browns and beiges.

dakotamaid 05-08-2014 05:12 AM

Beautiful quilts!! I especially love the 3rd one. :)

LTeachergeorge 05-08-2014 06:27 AM

I have really been enjoying this thread! I make lots of scrappies as I have a lot of scraps. LOL!! Getting loads of inspiration here Thank you!

Linda from MIssouri

SewExtremeSeams 05-08-2014 07:42 AM

Suz, I especially love your three string quilts.

marcycn 05-08-2014 08:44 AM

I found this thread this morning - about 4 hours ago. Started at page one and ended on page 225, post 2244. There are so many great ideas here for the scrap bags we all have.

I've found that it's difficult to find what I like later so I've started making copies of pictures that I like and putting them in AllMyNotes. I use Snap to copy them, save to a clip board then paste into AMN. So easy to find what I want to create. I have so many inspirations in there I will never get them all done. :-) I always make sure I back them up to a thumb drive - way too much work to lose. I also put all the quilts I have made on my Pinterest page so I can see them from anywhere in the country.

One other suggestion - even though it makes the thread longer, it would help if people would reply with a quote so we all know which quilt the poster is talking about. 'I like the second one' could mean so many of them. :-)

Any that had links that had to be clicked on I passed. It's a lot easier to just scroll down and see the pictures as I scroll. Someplace on here is a tute on how to post pictures - and it's easy to turn them right side up before posting so we don't have to stand on my side or head to see it. :-)

I just thought some of this could help some in here with their postings since they are great quilters but don't have a running use of the computer. :-)

Just trying to help.

SherriB 05-08-2014 09:18 AM

Snooze2978,

I love you sting quilts! I really like the piano key border you put on your spider web quilts. Do you mind if I borrow your idea for a couple of spiders webs quilts I need to finish?

Gannyrosie 05-09-2014 12:12 AM

Snooze297B post 2241, beautiful work. Love them all, and your FMQ'ng too. It is so nice to see how we all look at colors differently. I love both controlled and non, it just depends on my mood. Keep the inspirations coming.

Just Jan 05-09-2014 06:25 AM

[QUOTE=marcycn;6708841

Any that had links that had to be clicked on I passed. It's a lot easier to just scroll down and see the pictures as I scroll. Someplace on here is a tute on how to post pictures - and it's easy to turn them right side up before posting so we don't have to stand on my side or head to see it. :-)

I just thought some of this could help some in here with their postings since they are great quilters but don't have a running use of the computer. :-)

Just trying to help.[/QUOTE]

I agree with most of this. Clicking on links is sooo time consuming!

grammy Dwynn 05-09-2014 07:56 AM

Suz ~ GREAT quilts

Camille 05-09-2014 08:10 AM

9 Attachment(s)
Scrappy quilts are my favorites. It always seems my bin of scraps grow babies overnight. Here are a few of mine thru the years. Just about all of them are not from patterns, I just go with it.