Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Annaquilts 02-16-2016 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 7467470)
Arkansas Crossroads is one of my favorites, too. (But I kept mine! :) )

Beautiful! This pattern is also on my bucket list and I think it is one of my most favorite scrap quilt patterns. Both Angelia and Onalee made beautiful versions. So sweet of you, Onalee, to give your quilt to your friend. I hope they are doing better now. Nothing wrong to keep some for yourself Angelia. I know you are a most generous person and share many of your quilts also.

oksewglad 02-16-2016 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 7467470)
Arkansas Crossroads is one of my favorites, too. (But I kept mine! :) )

The simple quilt lines really enhances the piecing.:thumbup:

lildinks2013 02-16-2016 05:11 PM

I love scrappy quilts and these are just stunning. My bucket list just grew a mile. thanks for sharing your beautiful work.

onaemtnest 02-16-2016 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by AngeliaNR (Post 7467542)
Onalee--they are cut at 3.5"--I was given a boxful, so I made a bunch of sixteen patches that I have used in three different quilts so far. Thanks.

Thank-you for answering my question on the size of the patch blocks. I may make mine with 3.5" cut blocks, since I've already made one 2.5" it would be somewhat of a change and heaven knows I have enough fabric I can cut enough strips to make a scrappy in that size block!

I forgot to mention how much I liked the quilting it just enhances the blocks without detracting from the design. Someone else mentioned that and I thought oh that impressed me too! All around enviable quilt IMHO~

onaemtnest 02-16-2016 05:20 PM

Thank-you Anna, Post # 3011
They are doing quite well had hassles with FEMA, one of the FEMA workers found coins and was caught stealing them, at first denied but when crew leader had him empty his pockets then searched his lunch box coins from her late husband's collection were found. Then it was hard finding qualified workers to rebuild portions that were damaged.

Their home backs up to a golf coarse and it was filled with debris. One of the things found outside our friends home was a tote/chest (it hadn't taken on water so the quilts weren't damaged) filled with several quilts, they advertised and finally took the tote to the Quilt Museum in Denver when no one ever answered their ad's.

heather1949 02-18-2016 08:34 PM

What beautiful scrappy quilts everyone :)

tapper 03-03-2016 01:03 PM

Just used up some scraps.
Sorry...trouble getting pic to show.

Lookyloo 03-04-2016 10:37 AM

10 Attachment(s)
This year instead of resolutions I set myself some quilt goals. The first one was to use up as many scraps as I could between Jan. and my trip to Florida in April. I'm doing lap quilts and hope to use them to achieve my second goal of learning some fmq on my domestic machine. I got totally inspired by one of dorismary2001's quilt and made one like it, love how it turned out. The second one in hot-crossed 9 patch made from mens shirts, 3rd is a string quilt I finished this morning.[ATTACH=CONFIG]543996[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543999[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544003[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544004[/ATTACH]4th is scrappy bricks, #5 & 6 are[ATTACH=CONFIG]544005[/ATTACH] trip around the world using Bonnie Hunter's pattern( 6 still needs borders). 7 is the scrappy attic steps. 8 is scrappy log cabin, 9 is double sliced layer cake and last quarter log cabin I think (made it from a pic)[ATTACH=CONFIG]544009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544006[/ATTACH]I have two more in progress but the scrap pile doesn't seem to have diminished that much. sigh

Lookyloo 03-04-2016 10:41 AM

I guess the pics didn't post in order so the last one is the attic steps and the blk/grn/wh/red in the 1/4 log cabin

sushi 03-04-2016 10:52 AM

Holy wow! You've been busy, and these are great quilts. Congratulations, Lookyloo!