Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

Ms Grace 03-15-2016 07:51 PM

Lookyloo, It's beautiful!
please share where I can find this pattern:)

sewbizgirl 03-15-2016 08:47 PM

Post 3045: Lookyloo, your pieced sashing and cornerstones just MAKE this quilt! It's fabulous! Way beyond the ordinary scrappie.

onaemtnest 03-16-2016 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Lookyloo (Post 7483988)
This year instead of resolutions I set myself some quilt goals. The first one was to use up as many scraps as I could between Jan. and my trip to Florida in April. I'm doing lap quilts and hope to use them to achieve my second goal of learning some fmq on my domestic machine. I got totally inspired by one of dorismary2001's quilt and made one like it, love how it turned out. The second one in hot-crossed 9 patch made from mens shirts, 3rd is a string quilt I finished this morning.[ATTACH=CONFIG]543996[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543997[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]543999[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544003[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544004[/ATTACH]4th is scrappy bricks, #5 & 6 are[ATTACH=CONFIG]544005[/ATTACH] trip around the world using Bonnie Hunter's pattern( 6 still needs borders). 7 is the scrappy attic steps. 8 is scrappy log cabin, 9 is double sliced layer cake and last quarter log cabin I think (made it from a pic)[ATTACH=CONFIG]544009[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544007[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544008[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]544006[/ATTACH]I have two more in progress but the scrap pile doesn't seem to have diminished that much. sigh

I'm hoping someone can help me in finding the pattern for the last quilt pictured in Lookyloo's post # 3018. In post #3019 she called the pattern "Attic Steps". Doing a search on Google for "Attic Steps" the only thing that seems to come up is Attic Stairs which is different than this one. I wrote to Lookyloo thinking that perhaps it's her own design or if not she could tell me the source of the pattern. I'm hoping that someone here might recognize the pattern.

CyndyK 03-16-2016 12:04 PM

Lookylou - Very pretty, scrappy/strippy quilt. Great job!

dottie dodge 03-16-2016 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by onaemtnest (Post 7495882)
I'm hoping someone can help me in finding the pattern for the last quilt pictured in Lookyloo's post # 3018. In post #3019 she called the pattern "Attic Steps". Doing a search on Google for "Attic Steps" the only thing that seems to come up is Attic Stairs which is different than this one. I wrote to Lookyloo thinking that perhaps it's her own design or if not she could tell me the source of the pattern. I'm hoping that someone here might recognize the pattern.

onalee, I have that pattern in a book by Evelyn Sloppy called Strips and Strings. The pattern in my book is called Plaid Obsession. Or I should say it looks very similar to the one by Lookyloo only it is done in plaids.

lynnie 03-16-2016 12:54 PM

what an amazing colorful scrappy quilt. Love all the colors mixed together.

Lookyloo 03-16-2016 06:42 PM

onaemtnest. I think I may have the wrong name for this quilt. I did it from a photo & I've looked and can't find it again. It was quite easy to do though, just rectangles that are snowballed on the upper right corner. I used 3 x 5 1/2 in rectangles and staggered the columns. I ran an extra seam on the snowballed corners before I cut them off and used them for the top and bottom borders. It finished at a nice lap size, 61 x 71

Lookyloo 03-16-2016 06:55 PM

Thanks dottie dodge for supplying the pattern name. I saw the photo on pinterest and fell in love with it, it's my new fav quilt and it's going to hard to part with. I will definately have to do another one when I collect some more plaids ( watching my locol thrift shop for sales!)

onaemtnest 03-17-2016 04:15 AM

Thank-you for the name and source of the pattern! Blushing here as I have the book, but my memory is not as good as so many of the members here!

It never ceases to amaze me when someone asks for a pattern name and then another member says. "Oh I know that pattern it's in a book or magazine, here's the name." helping the member find the pattern!

Thank-you Lookyloo for posting a picture of this great quilt (post #3018, last quilt in the post) and dottie dodge for leading me by the hand to the pattern and the book. (((Hugs))) To you both!

Sewing Grandma 03-17-2016 04:22 AM

I cant see pictures anymore. Anyone know why