Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Scrappy Quilt show - Right Here!! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/scrappy-quilt-show-right-here-t135936.html)

paintmejudy 03-21-2021 07:53 AM

latest scrappy

Hi again! Haven't been around for over a year (life got in the way LOL) but now that I am sewing again, I came to look at my favorite thread -- scrappy -- but been a while since I have seen a posting. So I will post my latest crappies, quilted but not trimmed and bound. With Covid and being home-bound have been working only on scraps! Did 180 finished start to finish from March to December 2020
Oops guess things have changed since my last visit - can't seem to post a pix -- any suggestions?

ppquilter 03-21-2021 08:06 AM

Welcome back, it has been a good year (2020) for sewing up quilt tops, big or small/wall/doll/ mini quilts.

sushi 03-21-2021 08:36 AM

Attaching a photo

This is copied from the Quiltingboard website:

Attachments and Images

How do I attach a file to a post?

To attach a file to your post, you need to be using the main 'New Post' or 'New Thread' page and not 'Quick Reply'. To use the main 'New Post' page, click the 'Post Reply' button in the relevant thread.

In this example, I have opened a thread and want to insert an image into the reply. Note that I will create my reply/comment using the big “Reply” button at the top left of the page.

On this page, below the message box, you will find a button labelled 'Manage Attachments'. It’s a little paper clip, just as it was in the previous format. See the pink arrow below.

Clicking this button will open a new window for uploading attachments. You can upload an attachment from your computer. Alternately you can click the Attachment Icon to open this page.

To upload a file from your computer, click the 'Browse' button and locate the file.

You will need to maximize this window or scroll to the upper right to find and use the “Upload” button once you have identified the file location on your computer.

Once the upload is completed the file name will appear below the input boxes in this window. You can then close the window to return to the new post screen.

What files types can I use? How large can attachments be?

In the attachment window you will find a list of the allowed file types and their maximum sizes. Files that are larger than these sizes will be rejected. There may also be an overall quota limit to the number of attachments you can post to the board. Note, please that the maximum file size has increased greatly in the new format.

There does seem to be a problem for anybody trying to upload an image file that takes up more than 2MB, which means the size chart in the upload dialog box is wrong. reason yet unknown. After everything important is fixed I will ask about that. in the meantime, compress your files before upload or set your camera to a lower resolution. google "compressing image files" for a variety of recommendations.

How do I add an image to a post?

This is what the post looks like if I simply attach the photo. To view it in full size, you must click on it. Use your browser’s back button to return to the post.

If you have uploaded an image as an attachment, you can click the arrow next to the 'Attachment Icon' and select it from the list. This will be inserted into your post and can be located where you want it displayed.

granky 03-21-2021 08:43 AM

5 Attachment(s)
Here are a few of mine....

paintmejudy 03-21-2021 09:30 AM

thanks

Thanks - will try it again.

Watson 03-21-2021 10:05 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Welcome back!!
My latest scrappy...everything but the background fabric.

Watson

GingerK 03-21-2021 12:41 PM

5 Attachment(s)
It was great to see this thread pop up again. I have spent the last hour catching up. Here are a few of mine. Mostly donation tops.

NZquilter 03-21-2021 06:02 PM

Great to see you back, Judy! I have been wondering where you went!

Lovely to see some fresh scrappies being shared on this thread!

Jordan 03-22-2021 03:45 PM

Glad you are back Judy. Have been wondering where you were. Love this forum and will be anxious to see your scrappies

Cheshirepat 03-22-2021 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by GingerK (Post 8470234)
It was great to see this thread pop up again. I have spent the last hour catching up. Here are a few of mine. Mostly donation tops.

​​​​​@GingerK - Oooh I love that 2nd quilt in the second-to-last picture, the one with triangle scraps on mostly white, set on point? Is that a traditional block, or a pattern I can chase? I really love it!