Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The second installment of Sunbonnet Sue's crime scene and accident pics (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/second-installment-sunbonnet-sues-crime-scene-accident-pics-t217258.html)

Luv Quilts and Cats 03-25-2013 01:04 PM

You are just too funny! Love the new squares! I can't wait to see the completed top. I just may have to do some of my own Sue's Demise blocks. I am thinking of doing a Monty Python theme. Like Sue in the pet shop with a dead parrot, Sue being crushed by the cow flung out of the castle in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Oh just imagine all the fun!!!

Pat M. 03-25-2013 03:00 PM

My friend and I are going to be teaching a class "Sunbonnet Sue, The Good, The Bad and the Ugly". If it goes well I will post some pictures.

LindaMRB 03-25-2013 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter (Post 5951792)
This one even freaked me out. It is based on the Steven King novel "Gerald's Game. I call it Sam's Game and it will not make it on the quilt. Stylistically too different. However, I am still working on FrankenSue, Sue takes a shower at the Bates' Motel, Riding Accident by Sockmonkey Mountain, and SueShi.

Yea this one does not fit with the others stylistically, but I am enjoying your sense of humor and execution (ha ha) of these ideas. Great fun and certainly not your Grandmother's quilt.

MadQuilter 03-25-2013 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by Luv Quilts and Cats (Post 5953831)
You are just too funny! Love the new squares! I can't wait to see the completed top. I just may have to do some of my own Sue's Demise blocks. I am thinking of doing a Monty Python theme. Like Sue in the pet shop with a dead parrot, Sue being crushed by the cow flung out of the castle in Monty Python and the Holy Grail. Oh just imagine all the fun!!!

Or she could be doing the funny walk. lol

I was thinking about doing a Sue and Sam quilt but I think I'll move on to all those other patterns I have on my list.

sandpat 04-02-2013 03:58 AM

Another great batch! Just how much wine did you drink before dreaming up the sequels:D?

earthwalker 04-02-2013 03:19 PM

Brilliant....love that cooking pot. Reckon you should send Stephen King a couple of pics. bet he would never have thought his books could be translated into quilt blocks:). Goodness knows what you would come up with for Joyce Carol Oates. Well done Mad....love 'em.

heather1949 04-02-2013 07:03 PM

They are going to be beautiful.

dreamer2009 04-04-2013 02:11 PM

Omg~~~love !!!

Boston1954 04-04-2013 06:59 PM

How about Cujo?

MadQuilter 04-05-2013 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by Boston1954 (Post 5978716)
How about Cujo?

One of my early lists had another circus act gone bad where Sue sticks her head in the lion's mouth - that is kind of Cujo-ish. lol I tossed the idea because the poor lion couldn't open its mouth wide enough for that stupid bonnet. lol

Patti - this is my mind without drugs or alcohol. Scary - huh?