Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

SulaBug 03-25-2010 11:00 PM

kwhite,

You are totally "AWESOME" & I do so appreciate all of your hard work putting this swap together, for all of us. This kind gesture has really added a lot of Sunshine to my life. Bless you my Dear Friend.
Hugs,
Cheryl
:D :D :D

Catlady 03-25-2010 11:33 PM

K White

You are doing an awesome job and are very much appreciated
by us. Don't be discouraged, I'm sure you'll get a good
job soon.

Darlene loves Chocolates 03-26-2010 02:03 AM

Miss White,

Thank you for being in charge of this Angel Project, I know when I have a personal question I just email you and in a swift minute I get a reply. You are a wonderful Angel yourself.
I hope the job front finally resolves, you are in my prayers.
Because of you and this project, someone (MISS WINGS) has me lifted up and smiling each month. The gifts and warm sincere words has made a vast change in my life.

dannypanny 03-26-2010 02:24 AM

Hi Kwhite.... so sorry you are having such a lot of flack due to the Angels/angelee not doing their job. BUT this SQA is meant to be for fun and you should not really get blamed if the persons involved are not playing fair. I know you have had problems with my Angel but I wish the angels would just put their grievances on the board and not give you so much flack... You don't deserve it. You have conducted this swap so beautifully and you do not need any negativity.

It is tough for someone who does not receive a lot of gifts when she sees the others getting a lot more than she has. But we must also understand the other's financial situation. People should not forget that postage is expensive....

I wish you all the best for the new job interview. ciao

P.S. I get confused who is the angel and who is the angelee....

collettakay 03-26-2010 04:38 AM

As with any kind of Secret/Angel/Sister etc. program it must be entered with the focus on giving, not receiving. The receiving is an added bonus.

Unless you have coordinated a swap, you have no idea how much work and time goes into it. It is very hurtful when people criticize your efforts.

Coordinating a swap is done out of the kindness and giving of their heart and not something that is required. Please keep this in mind.

People do have busy lives and families that take priority over the quiltingboard.

The SQA is meant to be an encouragement and I must say that it is a downer checking this thread and seeing so many complaints because you're not getting a package as often as you think you should.

Everything on this board is on a voluntary and I think KWhite needs a great big THANK YOU for her efforts!

THANK YOU!!!

redquilter 03-26-2010 05:12 AM

Collettakay - I was trying to come up with a response that would be kind, yet get the point across. I echo your sentiments and think you did a beautiful job saying what many of us feel. Thank you for that.

Kwhite - please don't let the disparaging remarks of some upset you. You didn't have to take on this "job" but you did it graciously and efficiently. Life is difficult enough as it is - no one should take another to task for such silly things. This is supposed to be fun, afterall! You can't be blamed if someone else isn't doing his/her part in an agreement. There may be a very good reason, so we shouldn't rush to judge anyone. Your hard work is much appreciated. Thank you. I wish you well in your job hunt. After all this, you certainly deserve something good in your life! Hugs to you ((((())))))

Elisabrat 03-26-2010 05:22 AM

I was just sharing with my daughter all the lovely items from my SQA and when we were out shopping yesterday she said why are you looking at THAT? I said I always think of my SQA and wonder would she like this or.. and she laughed at me but its true. I am very thankful for the opportunity to share in this exchange and I suppose as with anything in life there are going to be bumps. I will say a prayer that now almost 1/3 of the way into this that these things iron out. K your doing a killer job and having run events like this myself in the past I know how much work and how hard your working. Easy to just get one name and be responsible for that. over 90!! oh no..not easy at all. I know you have sent emails and emails and each one takes only a couple minutes til you add them up to 100 of each and well.. your time is like an extra bonus gift to all of us. Thank you so very much.

laparshall 03-26-2010 05:22 AM

Colletta Kay and others, you have all already said very well, but I would like to add. KWhite, you are doing a fantastic job and going way above your call of duty. Volunteering to oversee such a large, and long lasting program speeks volumes about how much you care about people. It is unfair that anyone chastise you, but especially in front of all of the rest of us. I always feel so bad when I see these types of posts that are yelling at you and demanding you make things right. Private messages are a beautiful thing, and it has been my experience that they are a great tool to work things out and to keep the matter private. It is very easy, just click on the person's name and vent your anger, disappointment, happiness, encouragement, privately.
So come on, part of our giving should include giving KWhite, our biggest Angel, a great big break, and to give her credit for all that she does for us.

sandpat 03-26-2010 05:27 AM

I agree with all of the words directed at and for kwhite...you all said it beautifully and I can only say "ditto"

Esqmommy 03-26-2010 05:30 AM

I say ditto too. It's disappointing to see someone call you out on the board like that when you have worked so hard, and have been more than communicative. Keep up the good work - you're a real angel!!