Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

Esqmommy 02-09-2010 07:58 AM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat
There is a special gift in giving. Getting feedback is lovely however that is not the purpose of giving. Its like a gift you give yourself. Not all of us can give as much as others. I know the people here respect and understand that. I expect nothing therefore when a suprise shows up its a WONDERFUL experience. I think life gifts us many things in many ways. So don't be sad if you receive nothing or not often. Or no pat on the back. Giving isnt about getting a pat on the back. Take a sack of food to the shelter. No one will pat your back. However stand back on hand out day watch those waiting for a LONG time in line (I have been there so I know) that bag of food is a real gift. Something that truly matters. A gift here is a bonus, a card a bonus. Anything at all just the fact we can come here and get hellos, how are you doing? vent, laugh together. We are all so incredibly fortunate. I send what I can when I can. Its not always as cool as some others but I hope my own angel knows I think of her often. I think that counts for something.

I'm sure any gift you send is appreciated by your angelee! This is not a contest about who gets the most....or the best..or the whatever. You said it all!!!

My angelee sometimes posts, sometimes doesn't but we all have life circumstances that can get in the way of that!

Gramakitten 02-09-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by laparshall
GrammaKitten: I am going to a retreat through the Pieces and Patches Guild. It is held at Hankard's Inn, located in Stockbridge (north of Jackson, south of Leslie). They put on two dates for the retreat as there are so many that want to participate. It is my first year, and I am so excited to "get away from it all" and just be able to sew. Check in is on Friday at noon. Check out is Sunday at 2:00 pm It is only 15 minutes from my house, so I won't be spending a lot of travel time.
Linda

that sounds like a great time. I retreat 4-6 times a year. Even if it is with my daughter at her cottage for the weekend.

Barbm 02-09-2010 09:14 AM

Well, I'll tell you what- I am not good about having someone's identity a secret. And my SQA is too good at that. I am trying to figure her out and it's not working.

Personally, just a card is good for me. I love opening mail, especially cards. She sent me a card to watch for a handsome UPS dude with a package. Haven't received it yet, know my UPS dude so he is safe to go home to his little kids- he's cute but I'm not a cradle robber.

I set a goal for myself to figure out my SQA by then end of the year. I'm failing miserably that 1 month has gone by and I haven't figured it out. Now- on the other hand- I worry I post too much and my Angelee will figure me out. Hopefully she won't but I have a big mouth and always share TMI.

This is fun- plain and simple! And my Angelee has a box on its way. So that's a not so subtle hint to the other 100 or so members here that they might get something in their mail. :)

jnebug 02-09-2010 09:22 AM

Well I am going to say a Big Thankyou to my Secret Angel and as soon as my daughter comes this week I will post pics as I don't have a camera right now.I can;t remember if I said anything on here so I'm going to say it again.I received for my birthday(it was delivered right to my door and I have no idea who it was)5 snowman tree ornaments,a desk calender which I really love and all the different animals,a pkg of charms,these are my first and a table runner pattern,two lovely candles and the most beautiful angel wall hanging.I love all my gifts,Thankyou to my angel and so sorry if I never posted before as I thought I had,you are one of a kind!!

laparshall 02-09-2010 09:28 AM

GramaKitten: I would love to go on more retreats. I usually travel with DH to State Union meetings 2-3 times a year. I take my machine and supplies, and have my own personal retreat. It is nice because he usually buys me dinner unless it is provided. And I can get a lot of sewing or cutting done while he is in meetings.

STAR 02-09-2010 09:30 AM

That sounds like fun! a nice car trip, sewing, dinner, and a hotel stay! mini vacation!

laparshall 02-09-2010 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
That sounds like fun! a nice car trip, sewing, dinner, and a hotel stay! mini vacation!

Exactly! And I usually get to take a vacation day on Friday from work so that is even a bigger bonus.

karielt 02-09-2010 12:49 PM

FYI this was in another post area
http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36449-1.htm

STAR 02-09-2010 12:54 PM

now you got me excited and I am not even the one going!!!

ligia 02-09-2010 01:41 PM

2 Attachment(s)
Received today my first envelope :D
that SQA mailed Dec.23 :shock:
There´s no stamp, no entrance date , no trace of my PO at all :shock: :shock:
Inside, a beautifil card and the cutest ornament for a quilter :
a knitted basket with 3yd. of Xmas fabrics, a ruler, a rotary cutter, batting and a pin cushion .... :D :D
Another surprise is that it came from a lovey location , on my "to visit" list.
Thank you dear Angel,
I know where you are, dont know who you are...;-)
everyone is in hidding now ... 8-)