Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Secret Quilt Angel Reveal info page 301 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/secret-quilt-angel-reveal-info-page-301-a-t31742.html)

laparshall 02-09-2010 06:54 AM

GrammaKitten: I am going to a retreat through the Pieces and Patches Guild. It is held at Hankard's Inn, located in Stockbridge (north of Jackson, south of Leslie). They put on two dates for the retreat as there are so many that want to participate. It is my first year, and I am so excited to "get away from it all" and just be able to sew. Check in is on Friday at noon. Check out is Sunday at 2:00 pm It is only 15 minutes from my house, so I won't be spending a lot of travel time.
Linda

STAR 02-09-2010 07:16 AM

wow, that sounds like fun!! and so close to home! you can't beat that

Elisabrat 02-09-2010 07:33 AM

There is a special gift in giving. Getting feedback is lovely however that is not the purpose of giving. Its like a gift you give yourself. Not all of us can give as much as others. I know the people here respect and understand that. I expect nothing therefore when a suprise shows up its a WONDERFUL experience. I think life gifts us many things in many ways. So don't be sad if you receive nothing or not often. Or no pat on the back. Giving isnt about getting a pat on the back. Take a sack of food to the shelter. No one will pat your back. However stand back on hand out day watch those waiting for a LONG time in line (I have been there so I know) that bag of food is a real gift. Something that truly matters. A gift here is a bonus, a card a bonus. Anything at all just the fact we can come here and get hellos, how are you doing? vent, laugh together. We are all so incredibly fortunate. I send what I can when I can. Its not always as cool as some others but I hope my own angel knows I think of her often. I think that counts for something.

jamh 02-09-2010 07:36 AM

OMG you hit it right on the head!!

Grama Lehr 02-09-2010 07:39 AM

Wow! Such lovely gifts!! I sure hope that my angel gets her's soon!!

wvdek 02-09-2010 07:39 AM

In response to chewboo about the Secret Santa: my SS never responded to me personally or to moderator. Because I sent more $$$ than I normally would because I was so excited to be able to and wanted my SS to have some nice things, I was concerned she never received.
I PM'ed moderator and three times she PM'ed SS for me. Finally, SS said she received the package. Nothing else.
So, I decided I would not be as generous with board members who are not regulars. She was new to me and had only posted a few times (less than 15). Selfish I know, but that way I do not feel taken or set myself up for failure because of poor manners on their part. Also, I read their profile more closely now and look for hints in their postings of their agenda.
Currently my SQA is a very busy parent, works full-time and goes to school. I don't expect anything from them when I send something that way I am not disappointed.
This was not meant to be a contest of who could receive the most or best, but to let our SQA know we are thinking about them, making a new friend, and as able, to send a note, or card, or a gift.
I cherish the little calendar my SQA sent. I have it on a kitchen wall space about 8" wide before leaving the room so I see it swvwerak times a day and say a prayer for them and I smile knkowing they are thinking of me.
Hope this helps some of you struggling with this.

kwhite 02-09-2010 07:52 AM

2 Attachment(s)
I received a beautiful package from my Angel. She knows me so well. Thank you so much. I just love the panel. It is not going anywhere. I will make that one for ME!!!!!

PS the marshmello heart was great for breakfast!!!

STAR 02-09-2010 07:53 AM

lovely panel!

Nancy in Louisiana 02-09-2010 07:55 AM

Another way of looking at it -- If we don't get an acknowlegment that a gift was received, then we worry about it getting lost, wrong address, etc. -- after spending time, money, and effort picking out the right gift, I want to know whether it found its destination before I send anything else. And if we don't hear from you, then we start to worry about you--are you OK? is there something we could do to help you? Maybe you're in a situation where a certain type of card or gift would be more appropriate. Just a quick note to "K" would prevent a lot of anguish and misunderstanding. Afterall, we're trying to be angels, here, and angels want to help out.

Nancy in Louisiana 02-09-2010 07:56 AM

By the way, my angelee is good about responding -- I didn't mean to infer that she wasn't.