Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sewing Room Organization... YIKES! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-room-organization-yikes-t100287.html)

Mrs. Mel 02-17-2011 06:19 PM

What a fantastic job you have done. I have been doing the same thing tonight; but I'm not even CLOSE to the yardage you have. I have been putting my fat quarters in clear 'shoe box size' totes. You have some great fabrics. (Makes me want to shop for more!!!) :-D

Margie 02-17-2011 06:56 PM

I see some PITTSBURGH STEELER FABRIC there!

fabric whisperer 02-17-2011 07:27 PM

Originally Posted by grammy17
Oh yes, and a couple shelves of books and music from when my passion was playing the dulcimer.

Dulcimer? Cool ~ I just surprised my hubby for his 45th birthday with an autoharp, as he played one in elementary school... we are a musical family, ranging from piano to flute to percussion to autoharp & panpipes, plus a talented violist :) Learning sitar and dulcimer are on my bucket list

fabric whisperer 02-17-2011 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Margie
I see some PITTSBURGH STEELER FABRIC there!

:shock: (caught) :lol: :lol: :lol: yup, we're major Steelers fans, Lambert was a friend of the family years ago when my mom worked with players... bled black-n-gold since the 70's :thumbup: I got cotton of all the prints, and fleeces too... just got the gold newer print (the one that looks distressed) and the black will be the backer, but black Kona & the distressed gold print will be the front... using Carpenter's Wheel (star) pattern... it will be started as SOON as this room is in order yippee, so see?!?!? I have a great incentive!!!

Quilted Horse 02-17-2011 07:36 PM

Wow!!! Looking good. THose shelves would be great. I bought 4 pattern cabinets when my local Joannes moved a few years ago. They work great for holding stabilizers, unfinished projects, etc. I use them for everything but fabric and patterns! lol NOt sure if this is true, but someone told me that Monday night at 8pm on OWN there is a hoarder show featuring a quilter! I plan to watch and see how they get organized. I could use a few tips!!!

rslindiana 02-17-2011 08:52 PM

You all make me feel so much better about my room. Thanks for letting me know I'm normal! :o)

biscuitqueen 02-17-2011 09:28 PM

you did a great job on your room, but your making the rest of us look bad

AnnieH 02-17-2011 11:38 PM

You're doing a great job. 2000 yards is mind blowing. How are you going to stop yourself buying more?

cheryl rearick 02-18-2011 10:55 PM

how fun looking, very nice and such beautiful colors, For sure you will have a great time.

jackied 02-18-2011 11:27 PM

Oh my gosh, had to laugh. That first photo looks so much like my room. On top of all my quilting I have put many things I had no where else to put. I need soooo much to organize like many of you gals are doing. I cannot even sew in my room.