Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sewing studio (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-studio-t32930.html)

Shorebird 01-06-2010 11:30 AM

This is absolutely STUPENDOUS!! What are the dimensions of your room?

Olivia's Grammy 01-06-2010 02:54 PM

My SS is 20x20. Used to be a garage.

oldswimmer 01-06-2010 03:57 PM

OMG! What an inspiration for me. I just asked on another thread if anyone made a pressing station out of an old chest of drawers.. or something similar. That is just what I want to do. Yours look like base cabinets. I need to have some items do double duty by having storage underneath. Any advice on attaching the pressing cloth parts?
I have a huge collection of vintage patterns also and think that would be a neat way to display them! Thank you, thank you for posting! I think it is just beautiful!

charmpacksplus 01-06-2010 04:09 PM

Sewing machines, scissors, books, design wall...... something is missing! Where is all the fabric? I know you have some somewhere. But it's still a great room even if you're hiding the best part!

Olivia's Grammy 01-06-2010 06:06 PM

Originally Posted by oldswimmer
OMG! What an inspiration for me. I just asked on another thread if anyone made a pressing station out of an old chest of drawers.. or something similar. That is just what I want to do. Yours look like base cabinets. I need to have some items do double duty by having storage underneath. Any advice on attaching the pressing cloth parts?
I have a huge collection of vintage patterns also and think that would be a neat way to display them! Thank you, thank you for posting! I think it is just beautiful!

I wanted a chest of drawers, but DH saw the base cabinets on Craigslist for free soooooooo.
The top is a piece of plywood. I covered it with foil, batting and muslin which I stapled it down. DH nailed small stips of wood to the plywood so it would sit inside the cabinet base.

Olivia's Grammy 01-06-2010 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Sewing machines, scissors, books, design wall...... something is missing! Where is all the fabric? I know you have some somewhere. But it's still a great room even if you're hiding the best part!

All my fabric is stored in my smallest bedroom (14x12) in plastic tubs. Yes, I have a whole room of fabric. I should have posted a picture of that room when I posted my SS pictures. I wondered when someone would ask about the fabric.

betlinsmom 01-06-2010 06:48 PM

A whole room of fabric!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Please, is there room for me????!!!!!!! tee hee

Olivia's Grammy 01-07-2010 04:18 AM

I do go through and sort out the less desirables when I can find the time. I have to make sure DH is out of the house first. He'll say "Well can't you use it in a quilt?" Come I'll make room for you.

betlinsmom 01-07-2010 06:35 PM

Oh wow!! Thanks!! I am on my way and I am wearing my thimble!!!

Crafty1 01-07-2010 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by Olivia's Gramy

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus

All my fabric is stored in my smallest bedroom (14x12) in plastic tubs. Yes, I have a whole room of fabric. I should have posted a picture of that room when I posted my SS pictures. I wondered when someone would ask about the fabric.

What a great organized room you have! And you have another room dedicated to fabrics! WOW Post a pic so we can drool over them :)