Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sewing on Sundays???? Absolutely (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sewing-sundays-absolutely-t16113.html)

SaraSewing 02-09-2009 01:58 PM

Originally Posted by Maw
Patty, I love your quilts.I wish I could do as good as I am a newbie. Saravincent, my grandmother would tell me the same thing about having to take out every stich with your nose.Ouch lol

My mother grew up in Idaho. Where did you get this bit of wisdom? I wonder if it's regional.

JCL in FL 02-09-2009 02:21 PM

Most of us enjoy quilting so much we wouldn't even consider it work, so Sunday is the perfect day for it. It's our treat to ourselves. Now, I have to admit sometimes when I'm try to figure out a new pattern, there may be some unholy words said. So maybe I'll just have to do only quilting and not piece or calculate on Sundays. Ya think?

Butterflyspain 02-09-2009 03:42 PM

Well here in Spain all the stores are closed. Now my Mum was from the old school where they were brought up not to do any work on Sundays, she told me that her Dad used to make them walk round the table with their bible reading stories (she came from a large Family of 9). She tried to instill this in me, but I enjoy my leisure time, and I quilt.

Tiffany 02-10-2009 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by saravincent

Originally Posted by Maw
Patty, I love your quilts.I wish I could do as good as I am a newbie. Saravincent, my grandmother would tell me the same thing about having to take out every stich with your nose.Ouch lol

My mother grew up in Idaho. Where did you get this bit of wisdom? I wonder if it's regional.

I've lived here in Eastern Idaho for quite a number of years now and I've never seen anyone taking stitches out with their noses. It must be more of a Northern Idaho thing. :lol:

Jim's Gem 02-10-2009 09:53 PM

Well, with my husband being a pastor and all, He happens to(work) lead the college group on Sunday nights so it is a perfect time for me to stay home and do some quilting. I get to sew almost every Sunday night, sometime it is the only time during the week when I can.

gcathie 02-11-2009 01:51 AM

My Mom is a little supersitious.....her Mom taught her if you sew on Sunday you'll pick it out with your teeth on Monday..... Sooooooo .....she cuts and looks for the next pattern she's gonna do...or cleans up the sewing room.....how funny...my Grandma had a lot of sayings like that.....:-)

Mousie 02-11-2009 12:35 PM

well, not to change the quilting subject so I'll just hurry this up, but
GCathie wrote:
My Mom is a little supersitious.....her Mom taught her if you sew on Sunday you'll pick it out with your teeth on Monday..... Sooooooo .....she cuts and looks for the next pattern she's gonna do...or cleans up the sewing room.....how funny...my Grandma had a lot of sayings like that..... :D

an elderly neighbor told me that bc I saw my brother's house burn down, and I was very pregnant, that my baby might have a mark that looked like fire. :shock: She didn't. :D

Diane007 10-27-2012 12:07 PM

great colours in your quilt top

rusty quilter 10-27-2012 03:58 PM

I don't care what day you were able to sew--it is beautiful!

pamesue 10-27-2012 04:12 PM

It looks great