Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Shabby Chic OBW .... Tout Fini! :) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/shabby-chic-obw-tout-fini-t141548.html)

BeckyL 07-31-2011 08:27 AM

That is absolutley stunning. OBW is on my bucket list. I have the book, just waiting for the "right" fabric.

KR 07-31-2011 08:29 AM

Beautiful!! What a great idea to add the lace border....makes it very feminine looking. Love it!!

MTS 07-31-2011 08:30 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE
No technique ... just my own fiddling to do it! :)

Don't shortchange yourself. That's a technique. A very cool one.
And your explanation answered every question I had about the process.

One really needs to plan ahead to do this - especially in making sure there is enough backing material.

Thanks again for all the details.

The quilt is beautiful and looks like it fits in perfectly with the existing decor. :thumbup: :thumbup:

amma 07-31-2011 08:31 AM

Stunning quilt! Love the fabric, the lace addition is gorgeous! :D:D:D

annthreecats 07-31-2011 08:35 AM

Love the lace border on it. Really looks nice.

QuiltE 07-31-2011 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by MTS

Originally Posted by QuiltE
No technique ... just my own fiddling to do it! :)

Don't shortchange yourself. That's a technique. A very cool one.
And your explanation answered every question I had about the process.

One really needs to plan ahead to do this - especially in making sure there is enough backing material.

Thanks again for all the details.

The quilt is beautiful and looks like it fits in perfectly with the existing decor. :thumbup: :thumbup:

*blush*
Thanks MTS!

The backing did require a seam, being that it was 40x60 before I decided on the extra bordering. No way, was I sacrificing any of the OBW front to save backing!!! :) Luckily I got a perfect match on the seam, so it is insignificant.

As for the decor match, that wasn't a plan at all, though I am thrilled. I'm not sure if it will hang on the wall or drape over furniture yet. I bought the fabric a few years ago because I liked it and thought, yes, it's for a OBW ... then was scared to do it on my own and waited for a course. I'm glad I did and probably had the best teacher I've had in any sewing course, ever! :)

The fabric did not lend to a border on the quilt. As I worked with it, the quilt talked to me to keep it light, airy and feminine (and I am SO not that!). From my earlier threads, many of you know, for awhile I was considering a self-fabric ruffle edge or lace ruffle. Then alas, I decided a flat lace would be better. IMHO the flange just seems to do a perfect framing of it all!

As for that blue one in the midst .... it was the prototype run! I did change my "technique" after doing it, but felt a 2nd prototype wasn't needed.

Hope this has helped many of you with ideas for future projects! I'll look forward to seeing yours.

alikat110 07-31-2011 09:44 AM

Love the beautiful completed work.

Divokittysmom 07-31-2011 09:58 AM

Stunning, absolutely lovely, love the lace!!

joyce blint 07-31-2011 09:58 AM

Absolutely beautiful. Nice work.

Xstitshmom 07-31-2011 10:20 AM

Very pretty