Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Shirts/pjs quilt nr. 3: queen sized (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/shirts-pjs-quilt-nr-3-queen-sized-t244435.html)

justflyingin 04-03-2014 10:08 AM

Shirts/pjs quilt nr. 3: queen sized

1 Attachment(s)
This one is 86x94" and made completely from recycled materials.

The tan was a flat sheet, 100% cotton, purchased at a rather large used clothing store (they also have a few books and bedding/curtains).

The shirts were purchased wherever cheap clothing is. There is a lot of cheap used clothing around--it seems mostly from the UK--they are a generous lot!

These are all 100% cotton clothing. I finished the binding this morning and washed it this afternoon. I then dried it in the dryer for 15 min. and am letting it dry the rest of the way lying flat.

It's not as impressive as the navy one with the same pattern--but in the end, I like it fine. It's a tad bit on the boring side, so for nr. 5 in this project, I'm looking for a pattern with a bit more pizzazz to it! ;) (nr. 4 top is already done--just not yet quilted.)

I did grid quilting.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]469923[/ATTACH]

My project is that I'm looking to use fabrics that I can buy inexpensively here in Poland and make as nice of a quilt as I can--something so that even the person who doesn't have a lot of cash can do.
I want to make 10 quilts this year using these "found fabrics".

I'm scouring the places that sell used clothing in order to find interesting fabrics as 100% cotton wovens (in the fabric store) are really not easy to find and the selection is, well, to put it mildly, a little funny, or disheartening, depending on how you look at it. A store just opened in Warsaw, that, I believe, is the first that sells LQS quality fabrics, but it is close to $18/meter, from what I saw on her FB page yesterday. I'm glad it is there, but the poorer person in our area could never even consider making a quilt from that expensive of fabric.

KalamaQuilts 04-03-2014 10:42 AM

I love geometric quilting, a LOT.
Well done!

lynnie 04-03-2014 11:16 AM

You may think it doesn't have that ZIP.
I love it!! I think it's great, you've inspired
me to do something like this. I love the simplicity
of it. great job.

Painiacs 04-03-2014 11:46 AM

I think its terrific! All recycled items make it even more special!

DogHouseMom 04-03-2014 12:40 PM

you don't think this one is as impressive ... I think it is more so than the blue ones. I liked the blue ones a lot ... but I like this one the best (so far!!).

dunster 04-03-2014 12:43 PM

Another winner. Your productivity is also amazing!

justflyingin 04-03-2014 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by dunster (Post 6658640)
Another winner. Your productivity is also amazing!

I find I get a lot more done if I can stay off the computer during the day. It's hard to do because it is like a magnet to me.

Jingle 04-03-2014 01:53 PM

Very pretty quilt and quilting. You did a wonderful job.

PenniF 04-03-2014 02:05 PM

Another great quilt .... and i think JUST as impressive...just more subtle. You are more than well on your way to 10 quilts.....So...you have not said.....who will be the lucky recipients of all your great work ??!!

AngeliaNR 04-03-2014 02:25 PM

This, like the others, is beautiful. I look forward to seeing what you come up with next!