Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   shopping finds (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/shopping-finds-t7711.html)

Barbm 06-02-2008 04:41 AM

Showed hubby the yard sales finds. He couldn't believe someone would sell the doilies. He thinks everything hand made should be given to the next generation. I told him people don't think that way anymore. But they look lovely in my guest/sewing room. I've really been trying to make it look old- I bought a bakelite dresser set on Ebay last week too and it looks so nice.

(the other fabric is still a secret.)

Barbm 06-02-2008 04:42 AM

oh- the quilt was all handquilted- a simple outline of all the blocks, but so delicate. I will treasure this even though I didn't know the maker.

I had a quilt from my mom's mom when I was growing up. I remember how heavy it was. It wore out over the years. Maybe that's why I love quilts so much.

tlrnhi 06-02-2008 04:45 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
Showed hubby the yard sales finds. He couldn't believe someone would sell the doilies. He thinks everything hand made should be given to the next generation. I told him people don't think that way anymore. But they look lovely in my guest/sewing room. I've really been trying to make it look old- I bought a bakelite dresser set on Ebay last week too and it looks so nice.

(the other fabric is still a secret.)

I have a TON of doilies my mom made. I also have a tatted table cloth that my grandmother made that has raised violets in it. I should dig it out and take a pic of it to show you. It's awesome!!
Neither my brother or sister wanted them, so of course I snatched them up!

Barbm 06-02-2008 04:51 AM

I forgot 1 more I bought for a quarter- it's small, round with pansies around the edge. I put it under the teapot (you know the one) on my counter in the kitchen. Perfect accent piece.

The best part of these doilies is- I know the time that went into these- time I don't have. So I buy them and display them- they deserve it.

tlrnhi 06-02-2008 04:54 AM

Originally Posted by Barbm
I forgot 1 more I bought for a quarter- it's small, round with pansies around the edge. I put it under the teapot (you know the one) on my counter in the kitchen. Perfect accent piece.

The best part of these doilies is- I know the time that went into these- time I don't have. So I buy them and display them- they deserve it.

what teapot?

Barbm 06-02-2008 04:59 AM

the one that has made in china on the bottom, that came to me by way of Guam. :)

tlrnhi 06-02-2008 05:03 AM

lmao!
Sorry, brain fart for a sec.
Thought the teapot went somewhere else, but it was somthing else I sent to someone else. lmao

I'm still looking for a blue and white Japanese one for you.

tlrnhi 06-02-2008 05:08 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's just a few of my teapots. Yes, the one on the right side is a cat and yes, it's a teapot!

I did see some fabric that had teapots on it on the shophop, but can't remember WHERE I saw it!

my teapots.
If you look on the shelf below, there are small cans. Those are baby soda cans from Japan too
[ATTACH=CONFIG]11032[/ATTACH]

Barbm 06-02-2008 05:28 AM

they are sooo cool. Does it mean something special for it to have the whole in the middle?

I bought a couple on ebay. A nice japanese tea set with 6 cups for $9.99. 3 others. I won't pay more than $12 with shipping included. I also bought some curtains, but I need to alter them. And yesterday I found a wall hanging cheater panel for $8.99. Now I need to paint the walls before I decorate.

I also have fabric I didn't post. It's Lakehouse Milk & Honey, Hydrangeas. I'm going to make a bedskirt, valances and curtains for 3 windows and a quilt for my bedroom. Finally....... I have a bedspread on there from a yard sale back in the 80s. The curtains are just some lace sheers from Wal-Mart I bought when we built the house 6 years ago. I'm thinking of getting more stripe fabric to make a shower curtain and a curtain for the bathroom. Need to make up my mind by tomorrow, when the shop opens again.

triciasquilts 06-02-2008 06:24 AM

Good finds at the yard sales. I also have alot of that celtic fabric. I make potholders with the small blocks. Everyone loves them, especially at the Irish festival where I sell them every summer. And I also just did a wallhanging with some of it for my sister in laws new house. She loves it.