Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   shower curtain (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/shower-curtain-t239661.html)

neeng 01-26-2014 08:55 AM

shower curtain

1 Attachment(s)
I bought this panel from a quilt show, because I just loved the colours and the feel of it. Hung it on my wall for a few months as I couldn't decide what to do with it. Then I realized I never had bought the "proper" shower curtain for my downstairs bath, as I hadn't found the colour I wanted. Plus, the colours match the stained glass in the window in that room. So....finally got it pieced! Now I just need to decide if I will line/quilt it or just hem it and add a reinforcing strip to do buttonholes for the shower curtain rings. It will work nicely with the dollar-store white curtain I’ve been using for 4 years, as a liner. Messed up in one spot but overall - I love it!

postal packin' mama 01-26-2014 09:16 AM

You certainly have an eye for arranging components for a beautiful design.
Maybe you could put a hanging sleeve for when you want to use it as a shower curtain, slipping it over a removable tension rod in front of the waterproof liner. That way, it would be less limited to the shower as it might be if it had buttonholes to accommodate shower rings. A light washable batting would make it usable as a lovely quilt as well.

neeng 01-26-2014 09:20 AM

Great idea, thanks! My curtain rod is one of the permanent, curved ones and I need to use the rings. But I could maybe do the buttonholes/grommets just in the hanging sleeve. I'll have to see how that works.
I almost had a change of heart when I laid it out on my bed...it's almost big enough, would just need a little more height to be bed-sized!

Jitterbug 01-26-2014 09:24 AM

my gosh, this is beautiful. I love your selection on fabrics to co-ordinate and your design. I have seen a lot of pretty shower curtains made but this one beats them all. I want it as a quilt for me! I too wanted to add that I like the idea that postal packin' mama suggested, the hanging sleeve and her other tips. It is so lovely that later when wanting to change the bath room decor, you go use it as a quilt in other manner. So lovely. Thanks for sharing it.

EvelynJ 01-26-2014 12:42 PM

I love it too. I would love to see this in a bathroom; it's so bright and cheerful. What a great idea!

Lady Jane 01-26-2014 01:03 PM

Oh how pretty.

nanacc 01-26-2014 01:12 PM

Beautiful!! There are also some really neat rings for curtains that clip on, eliminating the need for any type of permanent change in this super creation!

postal packin' mama 01-26-2014 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by nanacc (Post 6536220)
Beautiful!! There are also some really neat rings for curtains that clip on, eliminating the need for any type of permanent change in this super creation!

Oh that's even better! Thanks.

Tweety2911 01-26-2014 03:02 PM

A very pretty top! It's very lively and cheerful!

KarenR 01-26-2014 03:04 PM

That is beautiful!
I'd finish it for my bed and get to see it every day!