Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sisters Oregon Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sisters-oregon-quilt-show-t53797.html)

Sparky 07-10-2010 05:36 PM

It was great meeting you! I added some of my photos on the message you started.

Originally Posted by Charlee
It was HOT! Had a great time tho, and some of us met up in the park.... I can add some pics later when I get back home... (got called into work! :( )

dkabasketlady 07-10-2010 05:40 PM

Thanks so much for all the pictures of those fabulous quilts! I felt like I was there with you and thoroughtly enjoyed it!!!

rhueluna 07-10-2010 05:45 PM

Originally Posted by lovequilts
Thanks SOOOOO much for sharing. I haven't been able to go for a few years and love to see all the beautiful quilts.

You're welcome. I have more, but it isn't letting me send them.

rhueluna 07-10-2010 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by thimblebug6000
Thanks for the pictures....DH just said why didn't we go again? It's wonderful there....how was the temp? last time we went it was 104*F

Yesterday it was about 80° and today it got to over 90°. We got up and went at 7:30 this morning and the place was packed with people already and they were still hanging the quilts. Traffic was bumper to bumper. I walked around for about 2 hours and had to go back to my RV to rest. Then went back just before closing and it was too hot for me. I got red faced and had to go back. But I got lots of pictures before I left. it was awesome. I count myself lucky it wasn't hotter. We have been here when it was much hotter and hard to tollerate. Of course the Stitching Post was packed with people for about a week now. Its a great store.

rhueluna 07-10-2010 05:50 PM

Thanks everyone. I was happy to share with people that appreciate our craft. My only problem was there were very few hand quilted quilts except for a few someone bought and brought from the Amish country. Whatever happened to the hand quilter? I am one and plan to stay one. The quilts were still beautiful, but I miss the handwork.

saf45 07-10-2010 06:01 PM

wow beautiful, thanks for the showing

GrammaNan 07-10-2010 06:06 PM

So that is what the fuss is all about. The quilts at this show are spectacular! Thanks for sharing.

Lostn51 07-10-2010 06:07 PM

Dammit I think I know where I will be this time next year!!! I would be like a kid in a candy store!!

Charlee you know what to plan for next year dont you.......Me and my Bride will be there knocking on your door to hang out with you for a weekend!!

Billy

quiltsRfun 07-10-2010 06:13 PM

Quilt after gorgeous quilt. Thanks for share. I hope to get there one day but so far it just hasn't fit into my schedule.

Marlys 07-10-2010 06:30 PM

Thank you so much for sharing your pictures. I was in Sisters last year on Monday before the quilt show and it was even amazing then. Some day . . .