Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   It is a small miracle--my OBW is close to finished!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/small-miracle-my-obw-close-finished-t207959.html)

AngelinaMaria 12-08-2012 05:13 PM

It is a small miracle--my OBW is close to finished!!

3 Attachment(s)
I started this a while back while my main sewing machine was in the shop. Sewing the rows together was not a lot of fun but I found that it took less time with each one (I used the matching points with pins and a pressed glue droplet to match all my points and since I used a small triangle size it took a long time). I am now looking for a dusty-creamy green fabric to use for a 1 inch border and then will probably use the coral floral fabric that goes with this cream fabric for the outer border.

auntpiggylpn 12-08-2012 05:31 PM

This is absolutely, hands down, GORGEOUS!!! I love the lighter background on the fabric. You did a fantastic job!

redquilter 12-08-2012 05:49 PM

Did you hear that? It's my jaw dropping! That's a magnificent quilt. I think your idea of a dusty creamy green inner border with the coral fabric as an outer border is smashing. I'm drooling.

mighty 12-08-2012 05:49 PM

Really beautiful!!!!

quilttiger 12-08-2012 05:51 PM

Absolutely stunning! I have made a few of those quilts. I definitely will use glue the next time. One of the biggest challenges was that there is no one perfect arrangement and you could keep experimenting forever, lol. LOVE what you did with yours!

Lori S 12-08-2012 05:57 PM

I love your choice of fabric!! It came out beautiful. I like the light background .. I have seen so many done with black and although they can be striking .. I would not put a black background quilt on my bed as I just don't care for the dark .... this has me changing my mind about OBW.

Tartan 12-08-2012 05:58 PM

​I love your OBW!!

AngelinaMaria 12-08-2012 06:00 PM

quilttiger--that is one reason this took so long. I kept it on the design board for weeks not wanting to make the final commitment. My daughter accidently bumped off a few hexagons when vacuuming and sucked them right up in the canister. My husband retrieved them but they were dirty and frayed at the edges so I had to use some of my left overs but luckily, it was the mostly cream ones at the bottom edge so I had extras!!

This design wall is in our formal dining room and it stayed up for Thansgiving dinner and not a single person said anything about it. Weird.

AngelinaMaria 12-08-2012 06:02 PM

Thank you for the nice comments. I purchased a large amount of the coral fabric and it was my intention to use that one for this quilt but decided the cream would look better. I think I will probably make one using the coral sometime in the future as well.

TinkerQuilts 12-08-2012 06:22 PM

You did a fabulous job - gorgeous quilt!!
I have the book but haven't been able to find the perfect fabric like you did.