Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: It is a small miracle--my OBW is close to finished!!

It is a small miracle--my OBW is close to finished!!

I started this a while back while my main sewing machine was in the shop. Sewing the rows together was not a lot of fun but I found that it took less time with each one (I used the matching points with pins and a pressed glue droplet to match all my points and since I used a small triangle size it took a long time). I am now looking for a dusty-creamy green fabric to use for a 1 inch border and then will probably use the coral floral fabric that goes with this cream fabric for the outer border.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    This is absolutely, hands down, GORGEOUS!!! I love the lighter background on the fabric. You did a fantastic job!
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

Did you hear that? It's my jaw dropping! That's a magnificent quilt. I think your idea of a dusty creamy green inner border with the coral fabric as an outer border is smashing. I'm drooling.

Really beautiful!!!!

Absolutely stunning! I have made a few of those quilts. I definitely will use glue the next time. One of the biggest challenges was that there is no one perfect arrangement and you could keep experimenting forever, lol. LOVE what you did with yours!

I love your choice of fabric!! It came out beautiful. I like the light background .. I have seen so many done with black and although they can be striking .. I would not put a black background quilt on my bed as I just don't care for the dark .... this has me changing my mind about OBW.
    Last edited by Lori S; 12-08-2012 at 05:59 PM.

Power Poster
    ​I love your OBW!!

quilttiger--that is one reason this took so long. I kept it on the design board for weeks not wanting to make the final commitment. My daughter accidently bumped off a few hexagons when vacuuming and sucked them right up in the canister. My husband retrieved them but they were dirty and frayed at the edges so I had to use some of my left overs but luckily, it was the mostly cream ones at the bottom edge so I had extras!!

This design wall is in our formal dining room and it stayed up for Thansgiving dinner and not a single person said anything about it. Weird.

Thank you for the nice comments. I purchased a large amount of the coral fabric and it was my intention to use that one for this quilt but decided the cream would look better. I think I will probably make one using the coral sometime in the future as well.

You did a fabulous job - gorgeous quilt!!
    I have the book but haven't been able to find the perfect fabric like you did.

Blog Entries
    Well, Golleee, I think your Thanksgiving company needs a bunch of eyes fixed. LOL Your quilt is so gorgeous, I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. I love it. Although I don't know what an OBW is.

Blog Entries
    Congratulations inn a beautiful quilt top. Can't wait to see it finished

Blog Entries
    it's beautiful! i love those fabrics. nice job.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Absolutely beautiful!! One of the prettiest of this pattern I have seen!!

i love obws and intend to do one [on my list] this one is soo different it has made me re think what fabric i want--one of the nicest ones i have seen great choices of fabric please let us see the finished beauty

Blog Entries
    All I can say is WOW
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Add me to the list of people who are in awe of your quilt. You did an absolutely fabulous job and the cream background is perfect. Thanks for posting the original fabrics too, because now I'm looking at my stash with a different eye.
    A fabric stash is always missing that one fabric needed to finish the quilt on which you're working.

Thats' SOOOOOOOO pretty! Love your colors and the use of two different backgrounds. I have one of these quilts on my list - even bought the fabrics - just need the round tuit. How inspiring to see yours! Attaway!

Gorgeous! Love the color arrangement and fabrics.
    Linda

This is an absolutely beautiful quilt! I think your choice for the borders is perfect.

What does OBW stand for. Isn't it a stack n wack? It did come out beautiful.
    When it seems like the world is falling to pieces remember that the pieces are falling into place. We are nearing closer to the End Times.

Love OBW's and yours is gorgeous!
    Fay

"You can't help that. We're all mad here." - The Cheshire Cat from Alice in Wonderland.

Super Member frustratedquilter40's Avatar
    Wow this is so gorgeous love how it is turning out. I want to make one my self but need to finish some UFO's before I start another project
    ​Christine

Amazing. This is absolutely gorgeous. This has been added to my bucket list.

Currently Mosquito (which is outside of Placerville) California
    Quote Originally Posted by barny View Post
    Well, Golleee, I think your Thanksgiving company needs a bunch of eyes fixed. LOL Your quilt is so gorgeous, I wouldn't have been able to keep my mouth shut. I love it. Although I don't know what an OBW is.
    At Barny and nygirl OBW is "one block wonder"
    Heidi
    Life is like a tornado watch. You can hunker down in the cellar or stand on the roof and let the wind give you rock star hair!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast