Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Snap Totes for Gifts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/snap-totes-gifts-t56589.html)

katsewnsew 08-03-2010 02:56 PM

They are great! Aren't bags fun to make????

BarbZ 08-03-2010 06:01 PM

Love your bags. I make a lot of bags and totes. Your colors are great.

Sue Fish 08-06-2010 03:07 AM

Originally Posted by BarbZ
Love your bags. I make a lot of bags and totes. Your colors are great.

Thanks...I am really trying to use up fabrics I no longer want to use in quilts and this is ideal way to do that ..and make Christmas gifts early!

deirdre ann 08-06-2010 03:15 AM

great idea & lovely present!

rootyr 08-06-2010 03:39 AM

Love them!

quilterj 08-17-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Sue Fish
I have made many of these so far..some only one in a particular fabric and some I did 2, 3 or 4 depending on how much fabric I had to use up..I have several more to do but need to get more metal tape measurers. Each has at least one outside pocket..a few have two. All have one or two inside pockets and all are stippled and it gives them a nice body.
I am making them for gifts...will be nice to have so many things made up so early and also to use up so many fabrics I don't want anymore for quilts..

What pattern did you use for this bag? Or do you have a tutorial for it?

Sue Fish 09-30-2010 01:54 AM

Originally Posted by quilterj

I have made many of these so far..some only one in a particular fabric and some I did 2, 3 or 4 depending on how much fabric I had to use up..I have several more to do but need to get more metal tape measurers. Each has at least one outside pocket..a few have two. All have one or two inside pockets and all are stippled and it gives them a nice body.
I am making them for gifts...will be nice to have so many things made up so early and also to use up so many fabrics I don't want anymore for quilts..

What pattern did you use for this bag? Or do you have a tutorial for it?

I used the same pattern as the SNAP BAG that I made so many of from the free tutorial on line and just made them larger..the sizes vary a little because it depends on the size of the piece of fabric I had to use but most are about 13 x 15" or so

suezburd 09-30-2010 08:26 PM

All very nice!!!
Sue

sewnsewer2 09-30-2010 08:53 PM

Great job! I love mine I made.

Sue Fish 10-07-2010 05:57 AM

This week we are visiting family and all six of my husbands family are here so I gave the the totes and they seemed to love them..I was so pleased...even one who didn't think she wanted one changed her mind as she thought they were nicer than some she has so will replace one....they r easy and fun to make