Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Sneak Preview - Holiday Flourish 5 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/sneak-preview-holiday-flourish-5-a-t175656.html)

JEL523 01-14-2012 08:14 PM

I think they are gorgeous, but I probably wouldn't want to cut the fabrics! Also, for me, it would be hard to find a pattern that I think would do them justice. The Wineberry is beautiful, if different for Christmas.

Favorite Fabrics 01-14-2012 08:18 PM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by JEL523 (Post 4875539)
I think they are gorgeous, but I probably wouldn't want to cut the fabrics! Also, for me, it would be hard to find a pattern that I think would do them justice. The Wineberry is beautiful, if different for Christmas.

Kaufman has a (for-purchase) pattern using this collection:

Favorite Fabrics 01-14-2012 08:21 PM

Originally Posted by Lori S (Post 4875484)
I like the wineberry ... but would not be likely to purchase. FYI all of those paisleys are fabulous! Love the vanilla's. I'm a huge Peggy Toole fan , so i am biased. The color ways all include the hanging ornaments.... this has been inculded in her last few collections... that would be one pattern I would not be likely to purchase. I still have some from previous year.. tough to find the right pattern.
Thanks for taking the time to share these beauties. !

Which do you think are the best paisleys, Lori? Some of them look pretty similar to each other (at least, IMHO they would all work the same way in a quilt) so I don't really think I need to order them all.

We still have a few yards left of the 2011 ornaments (on black, and on crimson) but that's because we re-ordered and re-ordered, and re-ordered this collection. I'm pretty sure even those last few yards will be gone by May, when the 2012 group comes in. I must say, of the ornaments, I like the blue the best, and the one with the ivory background. Those have the most contrast and are least "busy".

I thought the deeper gold paisley would probably work even for year-round projects; though there are some snowflakes in them, they're so stylized that if I didn't know they were from a holiday collection, I would just see them as medallions rather than snowflakes.

Snorky Lvs2Quilt 01-14-2012 08:37 PM

I want them all !!!!!!!!!!!! They are all just gorgeous.

Grandma Peg 01-14-2012 08:51 PM

That is some beautiful fabric reallly like the purple.

Mariposa 01-14-2012 09:00 PM

Fabulous fabrics! My absolute favorite is the purples! Then the blues, and the vanillas. :)

Caroline S 01-14-2012 10:03 PM

Oh this is tough. I like them all. Perhaps the neutrals are my least favorite. But they are nice blenders.

Foxflower 01-14-2012 10:21 PM

They are all beautiful, especially the bulbs and snowflakes/stars. If I were buying these for me I would choose either the Wineberry or Frost lines and combine with the cream. I don't dislike any of them however.

Favorite Fabrics 01-14-2012 11:17 PM

Originally Posted by jaciqltznok (Post 4875291)
why not just post the link to the maker website??and put this topic in LINKS?

Because it is not in the publicly-accessible portion of the manufacturer's website yet. That's why this is a "Sneak Peek". At this point in the ordering cycle, shops have been granted permission to share the pictures, but they are still on the customers-only portion of Kaufman's website.

Believe me, it would have been a LOT easier if I could have just posted a link, rather than doing it this way.

beatys9 01-15-2012 12:07 AM

What a beautiful group. The traditionals are lovely but I especially like the blues & purples. Thanks for sharing these :)