Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   So a few weeks ago I asked some questions..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/so-few-weeks-ago-i-asked-some-questions-t69210.html)

hperttula123 10-09-2010 01:54 PM

that is great. I think I need one of those too.

JEM65 10-09-2010 02:26 PM

Great job on your organizer! I learned to sew when I was small from my sister-in-law -thank God for her as Mom never did any crafts (she spent all her time raising 6 kids & then 3 grandchildren)! Now we both quilt!

tucsonquilter 10-09-2010 07:03 PM

Great Job! When I had my first little girl (37 years ago) I told my husband that I could save money if I made her clothes however I do not have a sewing machine. He went out and bought a Montgomery Ward Machine within a few days. I didnt tell him I didnt know how to sew either.....LOL well that started a whole new world for me and you also are beginning a wonderful journey.

cathyvv 10-09-2010 07:10 PM

Love the organizer. So practical. So useful. So necessary!

denilynne 10-09-2010 07:13 PM

What a great start, now the addiction starts lol, have fun there is lots of information and help here.

tlrnhi 10-09-2010 07:23 PM

You did a great job!
My oldest had NEVER sewn before, but she got herself a machine, nice one too..and she is now making outfits for the babies. She does a great job at it. They are easy patterns and the girl next door, plus phone calls to Mom helps lol
Now, if I could just get her into quilting lmao

mpeters1200 10-09-2010 07:34 PM

Thank you all so much. I really had a lot of fun. The whole process was really neat. It's so cool to see a picture of something and some directions and make it. Certainly a feeling of accomplishment that you get faster than making a king size quilt!

So now, it seems, I have 2 quilting projects and one sewing project in the works at the same time. May I never have more than that. I like to finish what I start!

Gramof6 10-09-2010 10:52 PM

Girlfriend you did a wonderful job on that organizer! I think you have taken to sewing like a fish to water. I began my journey into the piecing & quilting world in 1997. What a fun and amazing journey it is. Still on it & learning something with ever project.LOL Have no desire to ever stop. I do take breaks when I get into a non-sewing slump, but I always get revamped and going again. Looking forward to seeing more projects by you.

kristen0112 10-09-2010 11:01 PM

You're doing great! Your organizer looks wonderful.

katesnanna 10-10-2010 12:49 AM

Thank you for this. I have to make one as I'm always losing things. I say that I sew in my bedroom but my best friend say I sleep in my workroom. She is closer to the truth but I have no choice as we only have 2 bedrooms.
My husband has the other one as he is trying to raise snoring to Olympic standard.
Not to worry, I have a roof over my head and all the quilting, sewing & embroidery notions anyone could need for about 5 lifetimes. I truly am blessed.
Giving up the dreaded cigarettes has helped too.