Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   So inspired!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/so-inspired-t88122.html)

susiequilt 01-06-2011 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by Ginger
The Ladies here have inspired me so much. I have a UFP I dug out and I am going to finish. My Hubby found this pattern at a garage sale for 10 cents and thought of me. (love him) I have done small applique pieces before, but this is by far the biggest. Was going great till the REALLY BIG trees!!! With everyone here finishing their UFP's and posting, I WILL finish mine. Here's a pic. I need ideas how to quilt it. I have never done any FMQ. I want to try with this.

That’s lovely!
The first thing that came to mind was to outline the bears, trees, grass, water, fish.
Then under the green grass I might try to follow the bottom outline of the bottom of the grass most of the way to the bottom of the piece except stop at the border.
In the area between the trees I might quilt some simple freehand birds.
The borders might just be a meander.
I don’t know what the white thing is at the bottom.

I don't have the ability to do this but I'm sure you do!
:-D

bstock 01-06-2011 10:32 AM

I really like your quilt. Not very good at FMQ. (I am just learning myself) What is the pattern called?

quiltlonger 01-06-2011 10:51 AM

It 'bears' repeating its cute just even quilting so hangs nice (from experience) What size is it?

franie 01-06-2011 10:56 AM

Cute.

Ginger 01-06-2011 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt

Originally Posted by Ginger
The Ladies here have inspired me so much. I have a UFP I dug out and I am going to finish. My Hubby found this pattern at a garage sale for 10 cents and thought of me. (love him) I have done small applique pieces before, but this is by far the biggest. Was going great till the REALLY BIG trees!!! With everyone here finishing their UFP's and posting, I WILL finish mine. Here's a pic. I need ideas how to quilt it. I have never done any FMQ. I want to try with this.

That’s lovely!
The first thing that came to mind was to outline the bears, trees, grass, water, fish.
Then under the green grass I might try to follow the bottom outline of the bottom of the grass most of the way to the bottom of the piece except stop at the border.
In the area between the trees I might quilt some simple freehand birds.
The borders might just be a meander.
I don’t know what the white thing is at the bottom.

I don't have the ability to do this but I'm sure you do!
:-D

Thanks for the ideas! The white thing on bottom is a white flower. I like the idea of the birds, I think I will practice that before I quilt. :D

Ginger 01-06-2011 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by bstock
I really like your quilt. Not very good at FMQ. (I am just learning myself) What is the pattern called?

The pattern is "Cub Scouts" by Pine Needles.

Ginger 01-06-2011 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by quiltlonger
It 'bears' repeating its cute just even quilting so hangs nice (from experience) What size is it?

It's 36"x29". I'm not sure where to put it, I have run out of wall space!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol:

montanajan 01-06-2011 11:10 AM

Very pretty - would love the pattern - if you have the name. may I have it? I live in the woods in NW MT & our furniture has bears, moose, ducks in a pond, etc on it - this would match well.

craftybear 01-06-2011 12:11 PM

that is so cute, I love bears

paintedquilt 01-06-2011 12:14 PM

Sweet :-D