Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some Eye Candy from the Chicago Quilt Show (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-eye-candy-chicago-quilt-show-t303934.html)

MicheleC 03-31-2019 01:58 PM

Those are stunning quilts. Thank you for sharing. It’s nice to see things like this even if one is too far away to attend.

running1 03-31-2019 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by ruthrings (Post 8233331)
My standard reaction to these kinds of quilts is that what I do and what these people do should have two different names! These just . . .. well, I can't find the words.

Isn't that the truth!!! Theirs is Rembrandt and mine is a happy face!! :D

grannie cheechee 03-31-2019 03:59 PM

My DH and I went to the Mountain Quilt Show in Pigeon Forge, TN. a couple of weeks ago. The quilts are beautiful, and my comment is " I'm glad I'm not a judge." You would see the ones with ribbons and turn around to see another beauty. Thank you for sharing your pictures. We both forgot to take any photos. lol

Nita 04-01-2019 04:38 AM

Thanks for sharing with us. As much as the traditional quilts are "to die for", my vote goes to that last picture of the paint brush. Whomever designed this is a true artist, IMHO. At first glance, looks like simple construction. But upon careful study, this quilt is very complex. So unique ... I love it.

BoltandBobbin 04-01-2019 06:34 AM

Oh my. How lovely! The time, talent, and patience these take is beyond me. :o

Sallybear6 04-01-2019 07:51 AM

A beautiful variety of quilts!

Calran 04-01-2019 09:30 AM

Thank you for sharing. What beautiful quilts!

Friday1961 04-01-2019 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by ruthrings (Post 8233331)
My standard reaction to these kinds of quilts is that what I do and what these people do should have two different names! These just . . .. well, I can't find the words.

My reaction, too!

tuckyquilter 04-01-2019 12:18 PM

Originally Posted by BSKTLOFR-QUILTER (Post 8233555)
It's sad to hear of the end of quilt shows. We had the Rocky Mountain quilt show in Loveland, Co. shut down this past year. I understand the booth cost vs. profit margin is one of the reason vendors can't continue to support them. Declining attendance is another. It's sad to see them close and hopefully something else will pop up to take their place. These show quilts are always a delight and inspiration to see. You may see one and think I can do that!! Thanks for posting these photos.

Our's are down too, but I rarely attend anymore myself. Why? Because there are very few real quilts that would actually be used. I know some folks who no longer enter due to the the same thing. A lot of work for nothing. I say separate the shows. Have one for Art and one for Quilts. But Never mix the two in judging etc.

rosiewell 04-01-2019 03:36 PM

it is humbling and inspiring to see these beautiful quilts, thanks for sharing