Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Some quilts i've made...and a bit more about me (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/some-quilts-ive-made-bit-more-about-me-t4886.html)

MissTreated 03-05-2008 06:30 PM

Beautiful quilts, beautiful stories. Thanks for sharing them.

M

Lisa 03-05-2008 09:21 PM

Barb, that is a very inspirational story. I'm so glad about the new medication and what a change it has made for you in your life. Thanks so much for sharing your story with us. My thoughts and prayers will be with you.

bj 03-06-2008 07:48 AM

I'm so glad the meds you found have given you back yourself. I hope you continue to improve. And your quilts are just beautiful. Your granddaughter is precious. She looks pretty proud of her quilt!

sewmuch 03-06-2008 08:05 AM

Glad you are feeling better and a your quilts are sooo nice. :D

Steve 03-06-2008 11:21 AM

Now, now, just because you’re feeling well doesn’t mean you ‘have’ to spoil Elisa with more quilts; then too, I understand that’s what grandmothers do best!

:thumbup:

Feathers 03-17-2008 07:42 AM

Hi Barb:
Welcome to the board. We're so glad to have you with us.

Your quilt for your parents is wonderful. I read everything and it made me cry...tears of joy that you and your sisters were able to do this for your parents. I'll bet it's more than a family treasure...to them and to you guys. Good job.

zyxquilts 03-17-2008 09:50 AM

It is wonderful to hear that you are doing so well on your meds Barb. :D
I donated a quilt to my Aunt & Uncle to use as a fund raiser for Huntington's. They have lost a son & grandson to this terrible disease. It is amazing all the new things they are learning in the research of it & how they keep finding different meds that help more than one problem, isn't it?
Your quilts are fabulous & I loved the card for your parents too. I'm looking forward to seeing the next quilts too!

Shadow Dancer 03-17-2008 10:29 AM

You are an inspiration to all of us Barb and we are truly blessed to have your friendship. :)

I am so happy that they found meds that enabled you to get back to quilting.
Your quilts are beautiful! :)

Barb M 03-17-2008 05:00 PM

Wow, i'm so happy from everyone's responses. I am really blown away, and just haven't known what to say, so many people, and so many kind words, that i think later tonight it's time for me to post a note to each of you, which i should have done right from the start :) Yeah, so that is what i'll do later, thanks guys :)

Barb M 03-18-2008 01:27 PM

It makes me feel nice that so many of care so much, thank you :) And yes, i love my grandaughter tons, she is a cutiepie for sure.

bjstrawberry, that's soooo cool that we could be related! And you're so encouraging to me, thank you...Cousins for sure! :) My sister does the family geneology, i will have to get her onto this lol

Jane, it must be very hard being disabled and living alone, so glad you've found quilting too :)

Thank you Yvonne, Minda and everyone, i'm so glad you like my quilts.
And yes, so glad to be on the med i am on. It is called Memantine, and it stops brain cells from dying.

lol steve, yes i love spoiling elisa lol

feathers, thank you (((hugs)))

shadow, im so blessed to have your friendship too :)

xyzquilts...sorry, i renamed you lol, my mind cant work backwords, sorry, tried and tried to type it other way lol. Wow, i'm so sorry your family has been affected this way. Please tell me more if you like. Was your cousins son really young? That is sooo tragic, and i'm so very sorry. I am very fortunate, i have not been immersed with hd all around me like in some families. My dad is 75, and just in the early stages too, so i havent seen a lot of hd, but have got to know many special families dealing with hd. Jhd is the worst, and touches everyone's heart. I would love to hear about the quilt you made for them to raffle for HD. Do you have a photo of it, would love to see it! How much did they sell tickets for, and how much did they raise? Where and how did they publicize the raffle? Just curious, because i'm wanting to make a raffle quilt too. Your quilt must have been beautiful, cus it came from your heart. So nice to meet you :)