Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Spiderweb Quilt in Progress (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/spiderweb-quilt-progress-t127344.html)

quiltgran2 06-02-2011 12:07 PM

LOVE IT. I plan to make the same pattern with plaids very soon.

yolanda 06-13-2011 04:48 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is the top put together .. finally!

yolanda 06-13-2011 04:48 AM

Nice job yourself! These webs take some time.. eh?

Originally Posted by harvsstuff
I love all scrappies. To me they are the real quilts. Yours is beautiful, love your choice of the background fabric. I made one a few years ago using all my scraps and it took me 2 yrs to finish. My binding was made also from scraps.Its one of my favorites. Good job.

bamamama 06-13-2011 04:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
I am making one too, I used black for the background, just because I had alot of black fabric that I needed to use on something and vowed not to buy anything at all for this quilt as it is suppose to be scrappy. I love the aqua background. I'm working on the border now. How do you plan to quilt yours?

yolanda 06-13-2011 05:28 AM

I don't know I am debating sending it out - but if I quilt it I will quilt in the ditch if possible around the webs to make a web and outline or shadow the stars ... I am not sure. You?

Originally Posted by bamamama
I am making one too, I used black for the background, just because I had alot of black fabric that I needed to use on something and vowed not to buy anything at all for this quilt as it is suppose to be scrappy. I love the aqua background. I'm working on the border now. How do you plan to quilt yours?

bamamama 06-13-2011 05:57 AM

Originally Posted by yolanda
I don't know I am debating sending it out - but if I quilt it I will quilt in the ditch if possible around the webs to make a web and outline or shadow the stars ... I am not sure. You?

I am thinking I may use the sections of the web as a guide to quilt a large flower inside each web and then SID around the stars with some sort of design within the star. I am making a border using a 2" black border then a 5" row of 1"(1x5 finished) strips of all of the colorful fabrics then 3" black then binding made from the colorful scraps. The border is becomming a project of its own. It will fit a queen bed when finished.

Lets compare finished quilts, it will be interesting to see the final results.

yolanda 06-13-2011 11:48 AM

Deal!

I am not doing any border --- I am so done w/this quilt :-)

Originally Posted by yolanda

I am thinking I may use the sections of the web as a guide to quilt a large flower inside each web and then SID around the stars with some sort of design within the star. I am making a border using a 2" black border then a 5" row of 1"(1x5 finished) strips of all of the colorful fabrics then 3" black then binding made from the colorful scraps. The border is becomming a project of its own. It will fit a queen bed when finished.

Lets compare finished quilts, it will be interesting to see the final results.

Kas 06-13-2011 12:08 PM

I love those colors together. Some day I am going to make one of those. They are so cool and yours is so fun! Tangerine print binding.

Kas 06-13-2011 12:14 PM

Oops! Danged double post.